I had a fun day of Yard Salin' on Saturday past. There's not a lot that I need, so I didn't get much. (Well, except for plants ..... but they don't count, right?) But I thoroughly enjoyed my morning, meandering from sale to sale, eating cupcakes and buying Key Lime Pie.
- .A pretty bowl for 50 cents; won't my soup taste good in this!
- A little vintage sugar bowl for $2; isn't it "sweet"!
- A great file box (complete with a dozen hanging files) for $2
- And books ... lots of books: you can never have enough cheap books.
- This Cake Mix Doctor book (50 cents) which is full of great ideas for making different cakes using a cake mix as a base. I strolled through it last night and highlighted dozens of recipes I want to try.
- And this lovely selection of books: the Roget's Thesaurus (for my daughter because when you're writing, it's indispensible); a travel journal (for my next big journey -- always hopeful!); a beautiful 2010 Guideposts daily devotional; and a book I've been wanting for a while, Little Bee. Each of these was $1 each.
But now, drop by Leigh for Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville and Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday at Coloradolady.