Imagine: December already!
I'm sorry for the month long delay in posting: I've been doing some extensive house purging and dealing with some other things that have left me with little time and no energy. But I enjoy you all so much, I shan't give up blogging just yet.
Isn't it marvelous that December is here again. The countdown to Christmas is on.My three daughters will be home. The gifts are purchased; the menu is planned and cupboards are being stocked; the hoarding of goodies is well underway; thrifted festive duds have been procured; and cheesy music has already rung out in the halls of my wee mansion.
My German student comes from a country where so many wonderful Christmas traditions began AND probably the best Christmas markets in the world happen. I'm sure she's curious about how Canadian Xmas differs, but she knows the drill. I'm looking forward to her teaching me how to bake some German Xmas cookies. (And to her parcel from home coming! Will there be marzipan do you suppose?)
But my Japanese student is so excited at the thought of Canadian Christmas. This, of course, makes the whole thing more fun for me because it's almost like having a child in the house.
- A tree larger than her? Oh joy!
- Turkey with stuffing and the wearing of funny paper hats round the table? Great!
- Upwards of a dozen different kinds of Xmas cookie and squares? Bring them on!
- 2 weeks vacation from school (and work)? Ahhhh, rest!
- Boxing week sales in the city with time out for sushi and meet-ups with school friends? Happiness!