Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Terrific Tuesday

What an influence the sun has on a person's outlook, huh! We've been enjoying lots of the hot, bright orb lately; and I feel so energetic and hopeful when this happens, especially given Newfoundland's harsh winter and the spring (or lack thereof) we've had. 

The way I dress also both reflects how I feel and/or how I want to feel. Today, it's a reflection of the gorgeous weather.
Comfortable and cool (cotton, don't ya know); bright, cheerful, and (best of all) cheap! I purchased it last spring from a thrift store in Halifax for all of $7.  And as I haven't quite fully developed my turkey-wattle upper arms yet, I can wear it with ease of mind. (The clock is ticking though!)


Other things that are making this Tuesday terrific are:




  • The green jello and fruit I had for dessert after my sandwich. Mine was not quite as cute and cheerful as this pic, but the taste was terrific; memories of childhood.
  • Quiet time at work is pretty terrific as well, especially when you're in the middle of a good book ..... like this one.  Have you ever read Louise Penny? She's a Canadian author who has written a series of detective novels centered around Chief Inspector Armand Gamache and the perfectly picturesque fictional little village of Three Pines, Quebec. I find her writing very easy to read and highly entertaining. Wonderful characters. 
  • The knowledge that dinner is all ready for me when I get home. The remains of my homemade mac 'n' cheese and a pre-packaged salad will be great outside on my lounger.
Ahhhhh!We Newfies really do need to soak up the sunshine when it comes our way. And the weatherman says that Terrific Tuesday will probably turn into Wonderful Wednesday and Tremendous Thursday. 

  








3 comments:

sabine ingerl said...

A great thrift finding,Sandy. I love the bright colors and the feminine shape of this dress. Enjoy your summer.
Sabine xxx

TARYTERRE said...

BEAUTIFUL dress. And what a bargain. The green jello and fruit sound yummy. ENJOY your week.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So glad you are enjoying the weather. It's grand to be warm after freezing days of winter so even though I tend to wilt a bit with the heat, I need to remember winter will be come again. I do love green jello with pineapple in it, very refreshing and cooling! Enjoy what looks to be a great week ahead !

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...