Wednesday, December 6, 2017

You Can't Shut Us Up!

This is a difficult day for women, especially those who have lived or are living with violence and those of us who care or work with them. 






The lead up to today has been a display of "What Were You Wearing", part of our 16 Days of Activism re violence against women. We at the Women's Centre co-ordinated it with community partners. Hanging up tiny little shorts and t-shirts along with adult sized sweats and baggy jeans not only brings home the fact that it does NOT matter what you wear or how old you are, but it brings home the fact that everywhere, women are experiencing sexual violence -- even in your own little home town. 


It's been a difficult couple of weeks! 


How lovely it was to come back to the office, sit with my coffee, open up Facebook and find this post: 

WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED!

Shalom!



2 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your women's center sounds like a caring place and one where you'd get some well appreciated advice too. In this day and age one could only help it would get better.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What a wonderful post! Just this week my cousin told me of well known man in our local community that just about beat his wife to death with a bat. She is still going in and out of consciousness. It sickens me and my heart breaks for her! I can not even begin to imagine!
hugs,
Jann

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...