Thursday, August 23, 2018

The Bountiful Season

It's becoming that time of the year: the time of great bounty. I picked raspberries last weekend (and only ate about half a dozen while I picked ---- a huge improvement on other years). 




AND while at the farm, I picked up a big bag of cucumbers for only $10:  enough for 2 batches of bread and butter pickles.


The Ontario peaches have arrived and are particularly sweet and tasty. But so far, I've been too busy gorging myself on them to bottle any. Soon!

I begin my 'staycation' tomorrow and am more excited than is proper at my age. (Soooo lacking in decorum!) Let's see what the next week or so will bring.

I hope your life is bountiful where you are.

TTFN!


4 comments:

Sandi said...

"I hope your life is bountiful where you are."

Thank you. I was just counting my blessings. I have a lot to be thankful for.

I had no idea Ontario peaches were a thing! They grow in Ontario?

TARYTERRE said...

enjoy your 'staycation'.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have been enjoying the bounty of the season too, but unlike you I haven't put any of it into jars. I did long ago, but not anymore. Anything home made is always better. My whole summer has been a staycation but there has never been a dull moment. Have fun and enjoy yours !

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Yes Sandi - Ontario peaches are a thing, especially in the Atlantic Provinces where peaches do not grow well.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...