Friday, February 1, 2019

"Breaking" News

This is just the bruising. 

Pretty impressive huh! 

(The rest of my arm is just a dull yellow, like I've rolled my arm in nicotine.) Pain is usually manageable with Ibuprofen (and over-the-counter rantidine for the stomach pain caused by the ibuprofen). 

I'm scheduled for surgery on my wrist next Wednesday. If all goes well, I'll get a cast a week later; and 5 weeks after that, the cast will come off and I'll be able to begin converting what will be a flipper back into an arm. 

I'll be back to wave at you all then. 




8 comments:

Jack Tyler said...

Damn, girl! Mud wrestling? Header off the pole? Rescuing the castaways? Or just not ready to slow down yet? That looks painful. Fingers crossed, hoping your surgery goes well, as well as the rest of your recovery. Take care of yourself!

mxtodis123 said...

Oh man, that looks nasty. Hoping surgery all goes well for you.

Jeanie said...

That looks grim and painful. I hope the surgery goes well and your recovery isn't too dreadful. Your writing/dominant arm? Hope not!

sabine ingerl said...

Oh, Sandy, that looks bad. I hope the pain will stop and a lot of paitience during recovery.

Sandi said...

I am going to assume you got this fighting a bear. I know, I know, in your last post you mentioned ice, but I don't believe you for a minute!

Hug.

Yikes.

Get well. Soon.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Oh my, I hope your surgery and recovery goes well.

TARYTERRE said...

sorry to see you hurt like that. good luck with surgery. lets pray for a speedy recovery.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That does look terribly painful. What a set back for you. I'll pray for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery for you. Take good care. Spring will come again you will feel better.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...