Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thrifty Thursday Mar 10.11


Thursday in NS looks like another fine day to head into spring! Although it's quite cold outside (-4 to -6 degrees) AND although there's a chance of flurries later this afternoon (I was born in Newfoundland so I just laugh in the face of danger!!), I can not get downhearted when I know what's just outside my door?
.
Look at these beauties! (And the pics are fuzzy 'cause I was shivering from the cold when I was snapping them.)








.
This purse is my latest thrifty find. It was at my favorite local thrift shop, The Daisy, and I picked it up for $5! It's in primo condition and is genuine leather. (I did the authentic sniff test!) I love all it's compartments -- more room for me to lose things in!
.
I haven't done much thrift shopping lately. But that will change today.
.
This afternoon, I'm heading to the airport so my Mexican daughter can jet off to New York and Washington on a school trip. (Rough life, huh? We used to walk in the woods on "field trips" or sometimes go to the Arts and Culture Centre to swim; she goes to New York!!) Then 2 little giggly Korean girls and I will shop in the city for the next 2 days; the closest we'll get to New York is possibly eating at East Side Marios!
.
Ah, but that's okay! Although I will not stroll down the streets of Broadway or see the Empire State Building, I shall have oodles of fun strolling down the aisles of Value Village and Home Sense and visiting Sue at the Museum of Natural History in Halifax .....
.
.
and eating ice cream!
.
..
.
That's a much thriftier but still pretty darned good substitute "Field Trip".
.
.
Please drop by to see what other people have for Thrifty Thursday at
Tales from Bloggeritaville. ..
.
.

6 comments:

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Wow! That is some field trip! I hope she has a great time. Great find on the leather purse! That was a good bargain. Hope you have a great day!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Enjoy your 2 days of shopping. It sounds great to me. I think we'll be snow bound here in the next 2 days...more shoveling coming my way. Have fun!

Wendy said...

Have fun!
Great purse. I love seeing your thrifty finds. I think I'm becoming a serious thrifter! I'll be posting all my latests finds--just as soon as I can get them all photographed!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Nice purse! Enjoy your fun weekend!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I remember bein' jealous of your flowers pokin' up waaaay before mine last year and here we go again!!!

Great buy on the purse girl. I may need to borrow it, I'm thinkin' I need a field trip bad!

God bless and enjoy your day sweeite!!!

Carol E Wyer said...

Spring is attempting to arrive here but it's still grey and cold.
Loved the ice cream no sorry I meant purse...no actually I did mean the ice cream photo...I'm very partial to mint ice cream. Loved the bag too as I always crave little pockets to hide things in. You'd love the new Heart Foundation second hand shop that has just opened near us. Thanks to you I've been browsing in there for hours looking for thrifty finds...Hubby is very pleased I 'met you'.
Have a great weekend.
Carol

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...