- National Caffeine Awareness Month. I plan on becoming more aware of how much I love a good latte and/or Mochachino.
- National Nutrition Month. Easy to do when it's also Bell Peppers and Broccoli Month and Berries and Cherries Month. I'm going to eat more raw veggies and less processed foods and take-outs.
Nutrition Month also includes such fun eating activities as:
- Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day Mar 8th (whole grain blueberry pancakes are on my menu);
- World Kidney Day on March 10th (and I think kidney beans in a good spicy chili could fit into this category!)
- Potato Chip Day on March 14th (baked chips with humus is healthy, right?)
- Chocolate Caramel Day on March 19th (just one, okay!)
- Chocolate Covered Raisins Day on March 24th (you can have several of these)
- Pecan Day on March 25th (a lovely sprinkle of chopped pecans on your yogurt is delicious)
And joy of joys! It's National Chocolate Week from the 20th to the 26th: I'm going to try my hardest to make sure I partake of more chocolate covered fruit than my coveted Snickers!
March is also Optimism Month (not hard when you think about spring and chocolate!) and contains National Sleep Awareness Week Mar 7-13 (another of my favorite activities), Universal Women's Week Mar 8-14 (WE ROCK!) and National Cleaning Week Mar 27-Apr 2. (Depending on how much chocolate you've eaten, this could mean personal cleansing as well as household!)
The only thing that's giving me cause for concern is Universal Human Beings Week from the 1st to the 7th. I mean, yeah, I do host international students thereby proving that I believe that all humans regardless of color and/or religious beliefs, etc etc are equal. But what about these humans?
- Pig Day Mar 1st
- Lips Appreciation Day Mar 16th
- Weed Appreciation Day Mar 28th
- and Mule (insert appplicable 3 letter synonym here) Day Mar 31st
.Ah, don't mind me. I'm just celebrating Kick Butts Day Mar 23rd a little early. I'll be quiet now and begin practiving my National Common Courtesy Day Mar 21st. (As long as I don't have to practice Won't You Be My Neighbor Day Mar 20th with either of them!)