Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm a blessed Mama

.
Mother's Day was cool with a mixture of sunshine and cloudy periods. But the sunny periods gave me an opportunity to snap my beautiful tulips.

I dressed for church befitting the royal Princess that I am -- at least today.

An afternoon nap was followed by gifts: a beautiful homemade card painstakenly written in English from my little Korean girl telling me how much she cares for me and what a good mother I am to her. Ohhh, it brought tears to my eyes. My necklace and lovely soppy card from Libby again brought tears to my eyes.



Molly came home from work, and there was a flower for me and this gorgeous gong for the deck. I told them all that it was the new dinner bell, and there were lots of groans!


My little Mexican daughter gave me Swiss chocolate and cooked me a wonderful Mexican dinner. We had something I've been thinking about since I was 24 and first read "Like Water for Chocolate" by Laura Esquivel -- Chicken Mole! OMG! It was so good! I mean, chicken, chocolate and spice! How can you go wrong!We also had red rice and the yummy vegetable de jour was zucchini, corn and cheese. Just before we all rolled away from the table, we tried a slice of Dairy Queen's new Mocha Torte: it was good but I think I should have simply bought an ice cream log.


.


Which is a good thing! Because boy! Do I ever need to work out and work off this meal.


.


I hope you too feel blessed as a mother.


.


5 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

It was a good day filled with friends, family and great eats baby! Yep, even ice~cream with strawberries...Mmmmmmm!

You day looked like a very special Mother's Day!

God bless ya sweeite! :o)

Empty Nester said...

What a great day! Mine was wonderful as well! Hubs and my dad cooked breakfast and Hubs cleaned up after supper! And ALL of our girls were home!

Sweet Tea said...

That sounds like a wonderful day befitting someone of your royal lineage. Go Team! The food looks FANTASTIC - I love all foods Mexican. Yum!. . .We were traveling yesterday on the way home from visiting with my Mom in Okla. Great day!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It sounds like your Mothers Day totally rocked.

I love your outfit. So cute and the gifts so meaningful.
You totally deserve to be the Princess for sure!

wendy said...

It Indeed sounds like you had a ROYAL mothers day.
how fun
and I love your tulips.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...