Monday, December 29, 2014

Family Christmas


We all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas together. 

The morning began with mimosas and fruit and eggs and the most delicious braided bread which I'd filled with marmalade, dried cranberries, pecans, bacon, cheese and sliced apples. (I'll post it later.) We followed with opening our gifts. This was one of my favorite things: a thrifted komono-like jacket which I found at Frenchy's for under $6.  (Do you give yourself a gift?)




I'd invited friends ..... and we like leftovers ..... but I think I overdid it on the size of the turkey. The girls loved it, especially Nagisa who'd never seen anything that big before. I did the stuffing separately but put herbed butter under the skin (hence the dark spots) and filled the cavity with apples, onions and lemons. 


It was a delicious meal made more joyous by friends and family. Here are some pictures.


















How fortunate I am to have such love and such bounty. I'm feeling very blessed. 

Although my own children have gone back to their own homes and jobs, the happy season is continuing here at home with relaxation, movies, games and food.  I trust you are continuing to enjoy this wonderful time of year.

Merry Christmas.


5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Pretty tree. It looks like a good time was had by all. LOVE that komono jacket. Very nice, indeed.

Marie Rayner said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Christmass! That looks a lovely turkey! Happy New Year! xoxo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You look absolutely festive there in your Christmas attire. What a wonderful Christmas you had. It turned out my Christmas presents to my self were a visit to the dentist and some repair to the roof. Not exactly what I'd planned for Christmas this year. We had a fun packed family gathering this past Saturday and today a few of my children and their families will be stopping by so yes, we are still celebrating here.

Pamela Gordon said...

So glad you had such a great Christmas! It sure came and went fast and now it's almost new years eve. Happy 2015 to you Sandy!

sabine ingerl said...

Have a good start into the New Year dear Doris! You look fabulous in your Kimono outfit.
Sabine xxx

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...