Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thank you so much for your words of comfort. They are appreciated. We are all doing well, and my dad is taking it one day at a time.

Miraculously and thankfully, my shingles pain and rash stopped completely for the week after my Mom died, only reappearing when it was all over. But they're only bothering me at night and are more of a nuisance than anything. I'm so happy to be on the healing side of life once again. Phew!

ME?  I'm awash in boxes as I'm moving again this weekend. A
slightly smaller apartment came up not far from where I am. And the price and inclusions were so good that I jumped at it. My new landlord has completely repainted, replaced carpet with laminate and has bought new appliances; and there's a stackable washer/dryer combo. The living/dining room area is almost the same size as my current apartment. But the kitchen is quite small and the bathroom and bedrooms are tiny -- think 1950's house tiny. Still there's lots of closet space, a wonderful view of the bay, and I'm told that the gardens are beautiful. (My lawn chairs are ready any time the snow wants to leave.) 


 The big move is Saturday; and I'm praying that it doesn't snow. Egad! I have the next 3 business days off as well to help me re-organize. 

In spite of my fatigue from this extremely stressful year-to-date, I'm looking forward to getting into my new place and begin decorating again. It's always exciting to put old, treasured items in new places.  

Enjoy your weekend everyone. And in case you're wondering, this is what I'll be doing Saturday night after what I hope will be a stress-free moving day. Caio bellas!




6 comments:

Kay G. said...

I am sorry for your loss.
Your new place sounds very nice to me, a view of the bay, I don't care how small it is! Enjoy that glass (or two)! Cheers!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Even though moving is not easy, looking forward to something new is always good. I hope your spring will come early do yo can soon be sitting outside enjoying the view.

TARYTERRE said...

Moving can be a challenge I know. So hang in there, you'll get this right. As for the shingles, I understand from my dad they can last a long, long time. So I hope you'll be on the improvement side soon. Your mother is in a better place and you and your dad have to let the memories sustain you during this difficult time. You take care. You're in my thoughts.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sounds wonderful to have a view of the bay. Glad you are feeling better and that is good with the moving and all. I continue to pack up here but still have much to get rid of. I'm moving to a much small space in about 3 weeks and the time is getting very short with much to do. Looking forward to seeing your new view !

Vonlipi said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

How's your Dad doing? And you? Had your Mother been ill?

I lostmy Dad last year and it was devastating. i am still getting over it.

I hope your move goes smoothly and that ir doesn't snow. Here in the greater Montreal area all the snow is gone! i know! Crazy!

Susan said...

It's hard to lose a parent. I know I lost my Dad a year ago. I still miss him everyday. It will take your Dad a while to adjust to his new/old life. I'm glad you are feeling better. Good luck with your move. Moving is hard....

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...