Monday, March 27, 2017

The long and winding road, that leads back to you.

A thank you to the blogging world that has kept on ticking away and posting and has fed me regularly while I've dealt with life. Thank you for taking me into your homes and showing me your latest projects. Thank you for giving me ideas for dinner, lunch, snacks. Thank you for telling me about your latest thrift bargains (and I must admit some jealousy here). And thank you for keeping me laughing.

The funeral is over with. I'm moved into my new apartment. And my life is returning to some form of normality. I'm loving my new digs -- so quiet and private compared to my last. Now, if only spring would arrive in Newfoundland.

It's always later here; we are quite far north. And I knew that the snow would stay for a while. But these cold temperatures! Man! The past week and a half has been on average -7 deg celsius (19 deg Faren). It's darned cold out there.

But I am in a spring frame of mind. While unpacking recently, I was able to longingly caress my red Converse sneakers. And I found a great hoodie for those soon-to-come early morning walks. I attended an information session last Saturday on our community garden; and despite my being on a wait list, I've been planning my 4' x 16' plot and thinking of how wonderful it will be when I have fresh spinach and chard. Ahhhhh!


I am waiting for you. 

Come soon. 





6 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Glad to hear that things have settled down for you and that you are happy in your new home. Spring will come, we just have to be patient.

DUTA said...

"If only Spring would arrive....". I totally understand you. For me, the weather is of utmost importance; it can brighten my life (sunny and warm) or make it gloomy (grey, and cold).

Anyway a "spring frame of mind" is the right attitude.

TARYTERRE said...

i'm with you. waiting for spring to be sprung. glad you are all settled and getting on with life. take care, still.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's good you are settling in to a normal state of life once again. Spring is not far away. Here we are having showers...more rain than I like, but then it makes the world green once again so we have to be thankful for it. Sunny days will come again.

Pamela Gordon said...

You've had a difficult journey since you moved back to Newfoundland. Good to know you are settling in to your new apartment and planning for spring. I hope you aren't in the path of the 40cm of snow coming to Newfoundland today! It's been a crazy March and no signs of spring her in NB yet. Take care. Pam

sabine ingerl said...

Minus 7 degrees!? I hope spring will arrive soon in your part of the world and you can enjoy your new purchases out in the sun.
Have a fine week, dear Sandy.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...