Friday, March 16, 2018

Happy St Paddy's Day!

I've only been at this job for a year and a half; and after two very busy weeks, imagine my delight at being told this morning that we have Monday off ..... for St Patrick's Day! Who takes a holiday for St Paddy's Day? Well, apparently the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador does; and we follow their lead (in this regard).

Hurray for surprise days off!


One of my daughter's was born on a St Patrick's Day, brought into this world in Halifax NS by an Irish nurse-midwife. How fitting. Unfortunately, we can't be together as she's thousands of miles away. But I insist on grabbing every opportunity to have fun and celebrate, especially as she's one of the greatest joys in my life. So, my youngest daughter and I will help her celebrate from a distance by dressing in green and going for brunch at a new micro-brewery in town. 

But no green beer for me! I prefer a nice, rich, amber ale.
I only adorn myself with the best St Paddy's accoutrements a la Canadian Dollar Store!


Sadly, I don't have a disco ball!
In the meantime, I will spend my long weekend walking, dancing (It's Friday Night!) and watching Netflix. 

Have a wonderful weekend!









7 comments:

Sandi said...

You look like more fun than most people on the Internet! ;-D Happy St. Patty's Day!

TARYTERRE said...

happy st. patricks day. enjoy.

Jack Tyler said...

Hi, Sandy! Good to see you're still enjoying the journey. Just stopped by to say Happy Paddy's Day from a newly minted Irishman. Consider this your invitation to visit my new blog to see what that means: https://blimprider.wordpress.com/2018/03/17/blimprider-times-3/

I also had a wee mention for you in there, lass. I hope it drives some traffic your way, but you never know what that band o' hooligans I hang out with is going to go for. In any case, have fun, be safe, and if you figure out how to combine those activities, I want to read the blog post about it!

All the best!

Valerie said...

I hope you have a lovely day. We in the UK used to celebrate the big event but now there's just a parade and not much else. It could be due to past troubles.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love your green attire! You just have to love dollar stores ! Happy Birthday to your daughter ! We moms should always celebrate our children's birthdays ! Hope you have a wonderful celebration ! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

Jeanie said...

Jolly good, those Labrador/Newfoundland holidays. Hear, hear! (Or, "cheers! Cheers!")

sabine ingerl said...

Enjoy your extra holiday Sandy!
I'll wear a green dress tomorrow to pleasure my Irish colleage.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...