In between dropping babies at the airport and picking other babies up at the bus station, I did manage to get some Value Village shopping in. I had raided my coin piggy bank and came up with $78! And surprisingly, Value Village was not crowded nor was it picked over. What up wit dat?
- Xmas was 50% off so these were $3 total. This cute Noah's ark is a box with the roof opening (this now houses the remote for the DVD); 2 side plates to add to my small but still-growing collection of Petal dishes (a cheaper version of Fiesta ware); and another Mr and Mrs Claus for the hallway shelf collection.
- I love this Argyle print sweater ($6)
Both these items are brand new, tag-on. A gorgeous shawl sweater (expensive at $15) and Northern Reflections pants ($8)
- This jacket was $10. La-la-love it!
- The shops are full of bling and glitter clothing (usually worn by skinny, long legged women that don't really exist in real life 'cause really! Have you ever seen anyone who looks like that in your neighborhood?). Anyhow, I've had my eyes peeled for something similar for New Years (and all the other black-tie events I attend.) My peeled eyes did the trick on Sat because I found 3 pieces: on the left, a long sleeve chiffon beaded top ($8); and on the right, a shrug ($3) over a sleeveless chiffon top with built-in bling broach ($6). Now that I've got the clothing, I expect the invitations to be flooding my inbox -- at any time -- now!
After little sleep (due to a 3 AM wake up call and 2 cuties snoring/snuffling in the other bed) and this full day of successful shopping, this Mama put her feet up once she got home.
- But what's this on my aching feet? Why it's my brand new pair of Naturalizers picked up for $13 at Value Village!
.I do believe I was in the right place at the right time!