Yes, rain can be lovely, let me count the ways:
1. Isn't it lovely to fall asleep to the sound of gentle rain.
2. It fills up the little brook outside my door and makes it either roar or babble -- both lovely.
3. It's Nature's car wash, especially good when your car just needs a little rinse.
4. It's perfect when your well or your cistern needs refilling.
5. Frogs, ducks and minnows love the rain; so do the birds in our bird baths.
6. It makes everything look clean, fresh and new -- the dirty streets, the dusty park benches, the plastic deck chairs.
7. It 's so refreshing after the hot, sultry, summer heat that we all know will be here soon.
8. The garden loves it.
I spent every day this weekend in my garden. It was bliss followed by eptom salts baths and collapsing on the couch. I had to move one entire bed out front (because I inadvertently planted it on my neighbors property [duplex] and they're selling this summer). The hardest move was my 3 year old Holly bush; and as I was unable to solicit any help from big-strong males, I tackled it myself. Ugh!
After a lot of starts and stops, grunts and groans, I did it, sprinkling that newly dug (but a little small) hole with bone meal and sheep compost, tucking in all the bits of root that didn't want to fit covering it with lovely black dirt, watering it twice daily, telling it how much I loved it and wanted it to be happy in it's new location -- and then praying over it (as well as the laying on of hands!). So far, it still looks good. But I'll keep praying and watering for a while yet!
My knees are creaky, my back is achey, my nails are permanently stained and my gardens are so happy. Especially with this gentle rain.
It is lovely!