Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunday High Tea!

Another tea party?  Yes.  This time, it was "High Tea at Vogler's Cove" -- Dainty little sandwiches, mini quiche, wee little sweets and stick toffee pudding!  Yummy!  Where else could you get such an array of goodies (for $6.50) and such a display of millinery!
Almost everyone there wore a hat.  (Look closely at the lower right picture; it's Miss Beth wearing her gorgeous feathered hat again.)

Christine demonstrates how to correctly hold your pinky while drinking tea.  You can see our response!
My creation garnered a lot of attention.
Can you say "color co-ordinated", boys and girls?


We stopped at the beach again to walk off that pudding.  And lo and behold; when we dropped Darlene off at her house, she complained about all that rhubarb growing out back and what was she going to do with it?


Sandy and Diana to the rescue!  You don't need a knife to cut rhubarb; you pull it gently from the lower stem and it "pops" out neatly AND will then grow another batch this season!


I quite happily spent an hour washing, trimming, bagging and freezing.  The strawberry fields will be ready to pick in a week or two; so strawberry rhubarb pies, squares and crisps look good for the future!




Sunshine is in the forecast for most of this week.  After all our rain, everything will be growing like crazy -- flowers, grass and veggies.


What a season of promise!



13 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You look great in your hat and coordinated outfit. Rhubarb pies are a fav of mine and I've not had any in ages and ages. Lucky you!

Unknown said...

I went to a going-away tea for a friend this week. The food was nice but the service was sad.

Sweet Tea said...

I look awful in a hat, but not you, you look lovely. What fun! I love the whole idea of a Tea Party. Looks like you had a great time!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

How very pretty you all look!

Our rhubarb is ready toooooooo! Time for a pie. Which I can't eat but husband loves 'em! :-)

wendy said...

I LOVE all the hats. What a fun thing to do.
I love rhubarb and strawberry pie....oh my

Diana said...

Such beautiful millinery!! And the food sounds so good a great price.

I remember eating raw rhubarb when I was a girl. I always did like bitter and sour foods! Maybe why I'm a sour bitter old bitty!!

Looks like you had a great time Sandy. Love Di ♥

Pamela Gordon said...

I love a good tea party complete with hats! Your hat is really sweet Sandy. I am hoping to have a tea party next week with my Bible study friends. Complete with hats. The weather looks fabulous this week here too! :)

TARYTERRE said...

Color coordinated, suits you. You look GRAND. All the ladies are amazing, decked out in their finery. LOVE the hats. $6.50 only for HIGH TEA??? Surely you jest. WOW. What a lucky day it turned out to be, also finding a stash of rhubarb to bring home. take care.

Pondside said...

I'm visiting from Pamela Gordon's blog - how could I resist a blog with a name like yours?! Hello from Vancouver Island - I'll be back for more!

Lori E said...

I sure hope you will share some recipes for the rhubarb creations.

Marguerite said...

I didn't realize that was the reason for twisting the stems out. I'll stop cutting my stalks from here on in!

Linda said...

Your hat is sooo pretty, Sandy! All the ladies look lovely! What a great time you all must have had! And bonus.....the rhubarb!!

Bev said...

What a fun Tea Party!!!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...