Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thrifty Thursday and a Halifax Day Trip


Saturday the 13th, the girls and I went to Halifax for Korean food.  A woman can only go so long with her dumplings!

I checked Koo-E Nami's website before we left home.  We arrived at 2:20 pm but were told that they weren't serving because they were getting ready for the dinner buffet.  When I explained that we'd come all the way from Bridgewater and that the website said they were open until 3 pm, they did serve us; but we were rushed by the waitress the whole time.  That was not pleasant!  Elly and Lee's chicken appetizer was burnt (and we were still charged).  Elly's entree Kimchi soup was super-duper spicy hot -- and there was not a cooling glass of milk to be had in the place!  But overall, the food was quite good -- not as good as Seoul Restaurant, but close.  And I had a Groupon coupon which made the meal worthwhile.

We plan on using a 2nd Groupon coupon to go back for the dinner meal Korean barbeque which I've never had.  Let's give Koo-E Nami another chance.

Still, one doesn't want to go too long without Korean dumplings, right?  So, a visit to the J&J Korean Mart was in order.  I think this will satisfy me for a while!
  
You know I never go to the city without a stop at Value Village.  The girl's shopped for Halloween costumes.  And although I didn't find the navy blue pants or skirt that I want, but I did find a few other good buys.  (Also included are a couple of recent Frenchie's purchases.)  

Frenchie's netted me these great Eifel Tower earrings for 75 cents, the Belly Dancing kit for $1.50 and the wonderful big bright bowls for 75 cents each.
This wonderful scarf will look so nice next to my navy blue shirt.

I came home with a full belly, money still in my pocket, and a car full of sleepy, happy girls.  It was such a nice relaxing day.



5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've never had Korean Food. But dumplings are good just about anyway you fix them. I love that scarf. I've a few for Autumn that I need to get out and wear. It's always great to go thrifting! Glad you all had a good time anyway!

Pamela Gordon said...

I've never tried Korean food either. It's too bad your visit to this restaurant was a bit disappointing. You always manage to find some great deals at VV. Have a great day!

Diana said...

A perfect "Gal" day! Hope the food is good, never tried it.
Love Di ♥

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

Ya can take your full belly dancin' in full dress now!!! Heeehehehe!

God bless and I hope you had a fantastic day! :o)

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Not so sure I would give that restaurant another chance. I tend to hold grudges where my food is concerned.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...