Tuesday, December 18, 2012

All I Want For Christmas Are You!

Perhaps a lot of you have seen this video of Jimmy Fallon, Mariah Carey and The Roots singing and playing "All I Want for Christmas".  It's one of my favorites, so I wanted to share it with you. The joy, fun and happiness in everyone else is evident and, of course, Mariah's voice is amazing.



I'm excited that everyone's going to be home this year.  So, I sing along with Mariah as she sings.  (However, my trying to hit the high notes can be extremely  embarassing.  I recently "tooted" in front of my Asian daughters during one of my renditions!  They are very forgiving, but I shall not sing soprano in public anymore!)  

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am in anticipation of this family Xmas; I'm like the Scrooge character played in the old Alister Sim version of A Christmas Carol:  dancing around the house, laughting and singing and realizing "I don't deserve to be so happy".  

But deserving or not, I shall suck up all the joy that this season can bring.  I resolve to breathe deeply and not stress and take whatever comes in stride and to really ENJOY my girls.  

Cause all I want for Christmas is them!






7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You do sound happy and excited about Christmas this year. I do so agree our families is what makes Christmas so special. All of mine won't be home still I'll be enjoying having those that will be home with me to celebrate. That is a great song! Thanks for sharing it today!

Unknown said...

What a great post! I think it so sweet of you to be so thankful for what you have. You truly understand the meaning of Christmas, which is celebrating family and being together. People these days only seem to pay attention to buying gifts. I hope you have a great holiday. Thanks for sharing.

Check out flower delivery Washington DC today!

wendy said...

Jimmy Fallon is so dang hysterical sometimes.
I think you will have a wonderful Christmas, so ENJOY every bit of it.

Marguerite said...

I love this song, what a great rendition with the kids popping up. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with all your family.

Mary said...

What a fun video! Merry Christmas to you!

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is my favorite (non-religious) Christmas song!!! :D

Merry Christmas, and I hope you enjoy your holiday with family and friends!

xo,
RJ

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

Sounds absolutely lovely and really that is what it is all about...who needs presents under the tree, when you have living, breathing ones coming through the door....right?

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...