Monday, October 20, 2014

At the Massage Therapist


I recently discovered a new blogger: Ginny Marie at  Lemon Drop Pie.  And she hosts "spin cycle" prompts which simply give the reader an opportunity to share their "spin" on the topic at hand. Today's topic is about what's on our agenda for this week. It's entitled:   


At the movies. At the deli. At the gym. At the library. At the _________. 


My post is called "At the Massage Therapist". 



I'm lying on a heated massage table, one pillow under my knees and one under my belly to take any strain off my spine.  My head is cocooned in a little padded donut hole; and I am feeling warm and cosy.  I breathe deeply and inhale a slight scent of eucalytus.  The room is softly lit -- no harsh glare of lights --  and I can hear gentle, relaxing instrumental music coming from the corner.  I close my eyes, breathe deeply and allow the tension to leave my body.


I completely surrender myself to the healing, ministering hands of this skilled and caring woman.  There is a feeling of absolute trust which brings deeper relaxation which in turn allows my body to receive more healing.
  

Ahhhhhh!
Feel, smell, hear...
Breathe thru and release the pain 
allowing my body to mend and heal.




It is an hour of therapeutic indulgence.
Necessary for my health.  
But medicine as well for my mind and my soul.





9 comments:

Ginny Marie said...

What a wonderful and relaxing post! I haven't had a massage in a long time. I think I need to make an appointment!

I'm so glad you found me and linked up to the Spin Cycle. Welcome!

TARYTERRE said...

I have never had a professional massage. Your beautiful post has shown me what I am missing.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It does sounds wonderful. I've never had a professional message either.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I have given gift certificates for messages, but I have never had one myself. They do sound wonderful but I have a thing about my personal space.

Pamela Gordon said...

You described it perfectly and I can't wait to go for my hour long massage tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Nothing beats a good massage, indeed. Most especially one that's administered with such expert skills and proper implementation. There are a lot of massage services that offer those things, so much it's quite tough to take a pick. Glad you have acquired such for yourself. Take care!

Ervin Willis @ Main Street Massage Therapy

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Love love love this post. I have to keep reminding myself if I don't take care of me I cannot do for others. Thanks for sharing this! I need the full treatment about now. Hugs, B

Mayor of Crazyville said...

Love your post. I was relaxed just reading about your massage!. A professional massage does wonders for the soul and muscles.

Sunny said...

I have always wanted to have a massage. I have back problems and i've always thought it might help, plus your description makes me want one even more.

Ah, to dream on. One of these days I may just get one.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...