Sunday, July 9, 2023

Welcome to July!

My apartment is painted, and just about everything has been put back in place.  I did some fun tweaking and added some summery cushions and a throw. (Now my area rug doesn't quite 'go' with everything ..... so do I need a summer carpet?) Hmmm! I shall be scouring the thrift stores and FB marketplace.

The weather has been what I consider perfect with temperatures mostly in the mid 20's (80's). I've finished working on the community garden, and it looks so lovely! The Peonies are in full blossom, and the Roses, Lillies and Foxglove are ready to open any day. Summer has finally reached Newfoundland.

Canada Day was a fun day with family and their friends' families; there were lots of happy, sticky children, laughter and great food. I spent most of the day in the pool repeatedly catching my 2 yr old dare-devil grandson who would recite "Weddy, Set, GO!" and then jump off the side into my arms. Hahaha! My arms ached so much. 

Although the black flies can be a challenge, I'm still walking brookside every day, and I love watching the changing flora and fauna. Things change on a daily basis. One day, the path itself was strewn with white and yellow pollen -- like confetti at a wedding. The next week, the ferns were covered with fallen blooms from the trees. The ditches are full of color! Purple Lupins & Vetch, yellow somethings, Oxeye daisies and bright, beautiful reddish/orange Fireweed.

I almost always bring home a bouquet. 

Today will be in the high 20's; so it's a picnic and swim day with my eldest daughter and wonderful 10 yr old grandson. Being a grandma is one of the best things about aging for me!

Namaste y'all! Stay cool and hydrated, and seek out the small joys!


 



3 comments:

bahnwärterin said...

your canada day sounds like great fun!
... love that mug btw..... ;-D
a cotton(?) summer rag sounds like a great idea for a fresh feel in your newly painted home! wonderful flowers - but your peonies are late! here they bloom late may/early june.... they are called "pfingstrosen" meaning "pentecost roses" in germany.
we are in the mid 30s since 3 days..... it feels like australia.
happy walking and swimming! xxxx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Summer. It's nice to hear you are enjoying it and still able to go for your walks.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy the warm weather and all the vibrant colour!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...