Sunday, July 5, 2009
THE CANADIAN BOOK CHALLENGE
I came across this challenge on Teena's blog at http://www.purple4mee.com/ I'm anticipating that it will be an easy one for me to fulfill what with my new determination to spend more time reading anyway. All I have to do is read 13 Canadian books from July 1, 2009 to July 1, 2010.
If you want more info or if you want to sign up for the challenge, visit The Book Mine Set.
I've got half my list decided on (as most of them were on my summer reading list already). So, I'll have to keep a sharp eye out for the other five. Any suggestions from my bloggie friends?
1. "Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage" by Alice Munro
2. "Kit's Law" by Donna Morrissey
3. "Small Ceremonies" by Carol Shields
4. "The Tattooed Girl" by Joyce Carol Oates
5. "The Colony of Unrequited Dreams" by Wayne Johnston
6. "Away" by Jane Urquhart