Wednesday, February 17, 2010

HAPPY 101 AWARD





I received this sweet blog award last week from my friend Vonlipi (http://vonlipisfavorites.blogspot.com/).


*


MERCI BEAUCOUP, Vonlipi


I so appreciate your thoughtfulness.
*


*


Here's what I'm supposed to do:





  • Copy the award image into a post.



  • List 10 things that make you happy.



  • Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day, put in a link to their blogs, & notify the award receivers.


*


*


So here are 10 things that make me happy!




  1. Three day weekends!



  2. The day after weigh-in at TOPS when I eat whatever I want.




  3. Any day when all 3 of my girls are home at the same time.




  4. A shopping day in the city where I hit both Value Village and Homesense; eat something yummy (perhaps East Side Marios for Italian or Quiznos for the steak sub); and do the hour and a half drive home with a Starbucks latte (and perhaps a wee smidge of brownie).



  5. Talking to my Mom and Dad; or even better, seeing them (which just happened!)



  6. A warm, fresh pastry at 8 AM from the Saturday morning Farmer's Market ..... and then the whole day stretched out before me with no responsibilities or expectations so I can give in to my wanderlust! ..... But if I can't have all of that, the pastry is still pretty durn fine!!



  7. My little warm house with it's even floors and gyprocked walls and all the water I could possibly want! (Because I lived for 18 yr in a beautiful but big and drafty 150 yr old house with a dug well.)



  8. Dancing -- anywhere, anytime, with anyone, for any reason. (And I like to dance with me, too!)



  9. Sitting in my garden swing, reading, sipping and listening to the birds.



  10. Thoughts and dreams of my garden (when I can't sit, read & sip because it's too cold).

(I'm practicing my "green" look in this pose -- you know -- more ecologically friendly! Look at those pert breasts! ............ Ewww! And that "pert" hair!)



*

*

The recipients of this blog award from me are:

10 comments:

PlantSomeRoots@Lakewood said...

Congrats on your award. It is always nice to learn more about blogging buddies. If you like, I have an award waiting for you. Stop on over. :)
Cindy at Lakewood

Anita said...

Congrats! It's an award you well deserve. You have such a love for life and seem to take pleasure in everything around you. I always am delighted to stop by for a chance to read your goings on. Have a good one!

The Garden of Egan said...

Congrats on the award! It was so fun to learn more about you. Ya, the eating a smidge of brownies...whatever....you know you ate the whole thing!!!!!
Nice green "thing" in the garden, yup they are perky.

The Real Me! said...

Thank you my friend. And I guess it was perfect timing huh? LOL!
I have to do some award catch up real soon. LOL!
HUGS
Kim

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Sandy, congratulations on your award...love your list of things.

Thanks so much for thinking of me.

Barb ♥

thestonerabbit said...

Ahhh....thank you so much for that sweet award. I so enjoyed reading all about you!!!

Hope you're having a great day....OMG, that pastry picture just set my taste bud into action!

Dana

Nezzy said...

Congratulations on your award, may you wear it proudly! I just love the funny twist you put on everything. I can always count on ya makin' me smile!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Eva Gallant said...

congrats, girl!

~~Carol~~ said...

Congrats on your award! Some of those things make me very happy too!

Boomer Pie said...

Just stumbled across your blog and I'm glad I did. You write with understanding and feeling. I signed up to follow you. Stop by my place and return the favor if you like.
http://www.boomerpie.com/