It inspired me so much that I came up with my version of "Where are you From". I hope you enjoy and I hope you'll do your own version!
- I am from a proud outcrop of rock, thrust at the mouth of the Gulf; the sound of sea gulls, the smell of dried and salted fish, harsh winters and short summers.
- I am from the heart of God which was felt in me as a child, even though I didn't even know Him yet.
- I am from Saturday morning movies in black and white; from Bonanza, Ed Sullivan, Pig and Whistle and The Tommy Hunter Show.
- From 5 cent bags of chips and 10 cent Cokes; from hopscotch and Tiddly Winks played in the middle of the dirt road, from marbles at recess time, and from CGIT every Friday night.
- From Nancy Drew and the Bobbsie Twins; from transister radios hidden under the covers; and from 3 girl in one room.
- I am from the beginning of the sexual revolution and the explosion of the drug culture
- I am from the sorrow of presidents and "dreamers" gunned down
- And the triumph of man's first walk on the moon.
- I am from falling down and getting back up, over and over and over again;
- From mistakes that affect more than me
- And forgiveness undeserved and gratefully received
- I am from the sadness of my broken marriage -- and the happiness of our blessedly restored relationship;
- I am from being a mother and a daughter, a parent and a child.
- An employee and a singer and a reader and a cook.
- I am from writing and thrifting and decorating and gardening.
- I am a lover of life ..... and a bona fide nutcase!
- I am from rooms full of color and shelves full of memory
I am from laughter and fellowship and love and generosity
- I am from open arms for new children; and hands that wipe the tears at their farewell
- I am from enjoyment of every season, but elation at the first crocus of spring.
- I am from aches and pains, and flashes and rashes
- I am from a constant place of learning as I try to rest in Him
- From being laid back instead of always active
- From acceptance of who I am on a daily basis and from working to allow others to be who they are
- I am from Christ's very being and likeness
- I am from a daily death and resurrection; from faith and hope
- I am from eager anticipation and gratitude of what each day has
- And from another home to go to when I'm quit of this earth.