Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rabbit, Rabbit!

Rabbit Rabbit everyone.

And goodbye March!

It's so good to see the back end of you with your snow storms and icy cold temperatures.  I wholeheartedly welcome April.

But then, what's this, April?  You definitely suck at first impressions.  Here's what we woke to this morning.  

So beautiful yet so ugly!

Yes, it's another day off school for the local kids and another treacherous drive to work for the rest of us.  

What is going on Mother Nature? Why are you angry at us?  

Is this Narnia where winter never ends?  If so, pass the Turkish Delight --- but make it chocolate covered please!  (I'm calling my friend Lucy this evening to come break the spell. )




Is it an April Fool joke?  PLEASE!  PLEASE!  Let it be so that it can disappear by noon and we can get back to spring which we very briefly saw last month.

Winter, you are getting on my last nerve!  At this rate, there'll be no white straw bonnet or black patent leather shoes for me this Easter.  Instead, we'll be seeing this:






11 comments:

WendyMcLeodMacKnight said...

Sandy - we got 2 feet of snow! So depressing!!!!!!! We just have to hang in there I guess! Maybe we'll have a warm, dry summer!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

There was a little"wintry mix" around here yesterday, but not in my neighborhood. I have decided to take this as a sign, and washed all my black sweaters to put them away till next year. I am so ready for cottons and colors.

Pamela Gordon said...

I hear ya! We've had 2 feet of ice pellets and snow since Sunday! I'm just thankful we didn't get all that freezing rain and power outages that they got in southeastern NB. At least it's April and we know the snow is going to stop and will melt soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear you.

This is a bad time for being
house bound

hum drum causes many things to people.

I bet that cookie jar opens a million times and the frig.

Sweets, sweets.

Linda said...

Oh yeah...same here! Blizzard conditions this morning,more snow and ice. Aaarrggghhh! More coming on Friday. Is this global warming?!

TARYTERRE said...

Had to chuckle over the bunny in the sleigh. Hope you get some warmer weather soon.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm happy to report that at long last our snow is gone and it was up in the 60's here today, just a little touch of spring sure does lift the spirits!

Miss Dishywoo said...

Love your bunny in the sleigh. So funny! We had a spring day in Louisville, Kentucky today. I am going to risk starting a riot, but I don't mind winter. Am I crazy? I DON'T like scary driving and other inconveniences, but I like the relaxation of winter. I hope your weather breaks through to spring very soon!

Anonymous said...

Nice capture. As you said it looks good but ugly!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog from Pamela Gordon's link and absolutely love it! I too am aging disgracefully (love your title!)...and am your newest Follower. Love your spirit!
I hope Spring reaches you eventually...Cheryl

Twisted Cinderella said...

I totally get this! I am quite done with winter for this year!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...