Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekend in Review

 Ahhhhh!  Weekends!

What did you do?

I started mine by bringing home the tulips I bought for myself this week; and putting a couple in a little pitcher for my bedroom.  A touch of spring cheer during this as yet cold and dreary spring.


Saturday found me at The Daisy thrift store.  
I recently read that Princess Kate has made eyelet quite fashionable.  (Where was I?  Did it actually go out of style?)  Anyway, despite the fact that this skirt is a half size too small, I bought it (Reitman's brand; $3) as I'm still losing weight. And despite the fact that I have the ugliest feet in the world [bunions :(], I found these cute little flats (Joe Boxer brand; $4).







Saturday also found me at Atlantic Superstore, shopping for fruit and veg.  And as I'd been thinking this week I'd like a bottle of orange nail polish, I took a stroll down the cosmetics aisle and hit pay dirt.
This is what $10 worth of nail polish looked like.  (Excuse Godzilla feet and bad paint jobs; I polished without the aid of my glasses!)

Last night, I joined some friends for trivia night at the fire hall; and we won!  I've been going for 10 years and other than one other time, we always lost.  But it's so much fun.

Today was church; and my Sunday afternoon was spent doing some cooking for the week -- marinated pork chops, a fantastic beef 'n' barley soup and this chili, made with hot Italian sausage and navy beans.

Man!  It's wonderfully spicy!
I'm sampling it as I write to you.

And so ends another relaxing weekend.  
Back to the grind tomorrow.  Wonder what this week will bring.

How was your weekend?


11 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Love your eyelet skirt. Years ago I had an eyelet wedding gown. glad you had a nice weekend. It was Cajun Night at a local restaurant here so I had crawfish, jambalya and napoleons.

Linda said...

I just love thrift shops, and the marinated pork chops sound amazing!!!

Wisewebwoman said...

I'm always baffled when I look at porkchops so a special marinade tweaks my interest. Do you have a recipe?

Ah thrift shops, they know me well, always an adventure, always some odd thing I pick often to donate it back a week later.

Weird. I know.

XO
WWW

Bonnie said...

Your weekend sounds delightful and full of accomplishments. Congrats on the trivia win! Have a grand week!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Weekends do go by so fast but it sounds like a great one for you. Happy Monday!

WendyMcLeodMacKnight said...

glad you had a great weekend! I think I am taking on the weight you are losing, but am starting to do something about that this week! I look wretched in orange and yellow nail polish, though I adore it and think it is so fun that you bought it!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I think you did a great job on your mani/pedi.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Wisewebwoman: I used a new marinade recipe. So if we like it, I'll post it.

Kay said...

Sounds like you've had a string of luck. Yae! I love eyelet too. I just think they're so pretty.

Pat MacKenzie said...

My sister in law is opening a thrift shop out here in Alberta. I might spend a lot of time there.

My weekend ws busy (you asked!) A twelve hour drive to Utah, a day at a writers convention, and a twelve hour drive home. I'm still recovering!

Goody said...

Thanks for the nice comments at my blog. Not everyone appreciates my type of humour, so I'm always pleased to meet another person that does.

Your toenail varnish looks pretty good from here-I usually paint more of my toes than nails.

I like eyelet, it hides wrinkles (in the fabric, not my face)well.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...