I am, of course, on the hunt for flat shoes. I found 3 great pairs.
- Here's a brand new pair of Liz Clairborne's, originally from Winners. These were an expensive purchase at the VV price of $24.50; 50% off = $12.50. They're very comfortable and are really cute with their 2 tone grey/charcoal coloring.
- This pair of Naturalizers have a cute little kitten heel; when I tried them, my foot didn't turn over but felt nice and secure. I love the color and the cute buckle; these ones cost me $6.25 with the discount.
- My last pair are just a fun little cheerful 'n' cheap pair of pink flats; cost = $4.
- I don't need another jacket; but everyone loves a double-breasted pea coat, right? Plus look at the fabric combination -- wool, viscose and cashmere! It was so soft, and it fit beautifully. I confess, I was seduced --- by the look, the feel and the cost! $6.50 with discount!
- Naturally, I hit the jewellry counter and found some sweet little trinkets. I got a red pendant necklace ($2), a pair of silver Xmas bells with a little sparkly bling (50 cents) and this lovely silver leaf necklace ($150). And the green beaded bracelet? I looked at it a couple of weeks ago and put it back because I didn't want to pay the price they had marked on it. I don't remember what the original price was; but since then, the tag had fallen off; and when I asked the price, the clerk said that any item of jewellry without a price tag has a flat rate. My cost this week? 49 cents! It sure paid to wait.
- So then I nabbed this little ring for my daughter's birthday at the end of Aprilwhen she will turn 21 years old. My cost = $3.50.
It was a fun day not just because of the great bargains but because I got to share it with 2 more die-hard thrifters. And it was a treat to drive home with my usual Starbucks skinny vanilla latte and stories of our bargains.
Drop by and visit Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville.