You know that old song: "The first sip is the hardest"? Well it's true; it was scary. But just because I'm scared doesn't mean I won't try something new. So, I went for it
and it was amazingly good! So, I drank it all. And I'll do it again; perhaps even regularly. I went online to research why green smoothies are supposed to be so good for you, and here (in the proverbial nutshell) is what I found:
- They are extremely healthy and easy to digest: the nutrients in these fruits and veggies become homogenized making it easy for the body to assimilate them.
- As opposed to juices, they are a complete food because they still have fiber.
- They belong to the most palatable dishes for all humans of all ages. With a ratio of fruits to veggies as 60:40 the fruit taste dominates the flavor, yet at the same time the green vegetables balance out the sweetness of the fruit, adding nice zest to it.
- It's an easy and tasty way to ensure you consume enouth green vegetables every day. Also, they help form the good habit of eating more greens.
- They're easy to make and quick to clean up after; much easier than juicing.
- They're supposed to reduce cravings for sugar and other processed foods that are not good for you.
- They help improve elimination.
- They can help you lose weight.
- They're good for your overall beauty: beautiful skin, bright eyes and shiny hair are some of the benefits of increasing your intake of green vegetables.
- You will experience overall improved health, increased energy and clear thinking.
But the only sure thing I can attest to at this point is that this green smoothie tasted really good; and I plan on making them part of my diet.
.................. But if I end up looking like this ...
you'll all be some of the first to know!
Anybody out there have experience with green smoothies?