Thursday, September 18, 2014

Seasonal Dressing


I ask you:  exactly what season is this?  

  • Fummer?
  • Sprall?
  • Stauttum?


I wake to 4 degrees Celcius (39 F).  Brrr!  I need to turn on the little box heater in the bathroom when I shower; I need to defog the car windscreen as I pull out of the driveway; and my little pasty-white legs complain by raising their little hair nubs.  (My lungs, however, love the nip in the air.)

By mid morning, the temperature has risen to 14 degrees, and the sunshine is streaming in the side window in my office, warming my back (and making it difficult to read my computer screen).  By afternoon, it's 18 degrees -- perfect for a walk to the post office to pick up the office mail (and maybe a quick scoot into LaHave Bakery for an iced coffee and an oatcake).  

By the time I get back home at the end of the day, I can notice the chill once again in my house; the girls and I wear our slippers and may need a sweater.


It sure is difficult to know what to wear when dressing for work in the morning! 

Do I go more summery?

This forgotten skirt gets paired with a cap-sleeved white blouse, dark pink 3/4 sleeve cardigan and pinkish jewellery. (All thrifted except for the necklace - Reitmans - and bracelet - 5th Avenue.)


Or should I be transitioning into more Fall like colors?
Here's the same skirt with a gorgeous tangerine blouse, black long-sleeved cardigan and coordinating jewellery. (All thrifted except for the blouse - Northern Reflections.)


Well, I'm not ready for Fall yet.  We've another week before it's officially hits.  So, I'll go for the pink and white ensemble.

What are you wearing this Sprall?  
Have you dug out your autumn clothes yet?  Are you itching to wear those boots or more scarves?











4 comments:

Karen said...

LOVE the orange!!!

WendyMcLeodMacKnight said...

I so wish I could wear orange!

I am wearing jeans tees and sweaters - not really inspired! And ballet flats!

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the orange. fall temps are here too.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We are having some very cool nights here too. It warms up in the afternoon, but warmer clothing is needed for the most part. I love the outfits you've shown.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...