Why is it that we need to remind ourselves to relax, unplug and let go? Life is full of so much -- so much to do, so much to see, so much to write, so much to read, so much to say -- SO MUCH! All these modern conveniences and the desire to 'have it all and do it all' has got us stretched to the limit. And I'm speaking from personal testimony, of course..
.I'm ready for some R 'n' R!
- Quite a bit of sleeping .
- A small but effective portion of bubble-bathing (with or without wine & music) . .
- Worship, prayer & giving thanks to God (followed by lots of smiling and contented sighing)
- A rather HUGE amount of lounging (&/or TV watching, reading, eating of bonbons)
- Some answering of questions and requests with "No. Not today."
Yes, sometimes we overextend ourselves. And sometimes life just does a number on us. But a weekend off with nothing to do is a powerful tonic to the soul.
Heck! Just the anticipation of this weekend has me "turning the other cheek" and smiling from ear to ear.
I may or may not see you this weekend! But I joyfully anticipate rest; and I wish the same for you!