Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rednesday Oct 6.10

.
I love Wednesdays!
.
It's halfway through the work week, and I always look ahead to the weekend, my smile growing increasingly wider as the hours tick away.
.
I'm happy to participate REDnesday with Sue and friends at It’s a Very Cherry World.
.
.
I love this beautiful broach with the colorful stones, many of which are shades of red. I picked it up at Value Village last month for $2.99 -- a red-letter purchase for sure!
.
I love to rearrange the furniture. This weekend, I did a slight rearrangement in my bedroom just so I could display "Paris" all together in one spot. Note the beautiful red in (1) the print I purchased from Shelagh at Alice in Paris loves Art and Tea and (2) the mat I put around the Eiffel Tower postcard which I also found at Value Village..
And for me, every other Wednesday becomes a special Rednesday because I get paid. That's the time that, for just a few fleeting moments, I'm out of the red and in the pink financially -- and it looks and feels sooo good!
.
Alas, reality sets in by the end of the work day when I've paid my bills and written my various cheques, and all my hard-earned cash has gone the way of the Dodo bird!
.
Ack! Such is life!
.
.
Don't forget to hop on over and visit other REDnesday posts (here) and get your full dose of that very cheerful hue!
.
.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny-'gone the way of the dodo bird'...hahaha! So THATS where all my money is. :)

Kathy C. said...

Loved all your red...it's fun to rearrange furniture every now and again...makes it feel all fresh and new! :)

Have a lovely day!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Being in the PINK is nice but Red has always been my favorite color. I hope your Wednesday is a wonderful one!

Unknown said...

I love your "Paris wall!"

craftyles said...

Cute wall arrangement. That is fun to redo!

Ann said...

Great Paris arrangement. All the reds are wonderful. I like to rearrange furniture too.
Ann

LV said...

Your wall redo looks very nice. Great reds for today.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the changes in your room. Oh the way of the Dodo bird cracked me up...that is my money also!!!

highheeledlife said...

Wonderful post and love that broch!!I'll have to remember Rednesday... HHL

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a great wall and a lovely brooch!!

Debbie

wendy said...

Have you ever been to Paris...or is it just a passion of yours. Red it the color of power they say.

and yes it sucks when we work so hard and have very little coin at the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the money deal. It's probably why I yard sale! LOL - I can afford that!

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...love your paris wall. i adore paris...so pretty.

aliceinparis said...

That print looks lovely in a gold frame!
I think a trip to Paris will be in store for you:) This is like a dreamboard wall!

GardenOfDaisies said...

That is a gorgeous vintage brooch!!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...