Thursday, November 12, 2009

A SORRY EXCUSE FOR AN ACCEPTANCE SPEECH




I recently received a wonderful blog award from Lisa E at "From the Outside Looking In" (http://snogirllygoeskeyboardhappy.blogspot.com/).


***


Lisa is passing on an award she recently received; and I absolutely love her acceptance award post:



***


"I am sitting here in my favorite Vera Wang Evening Gown, freshy pedicured in Heeled Slides, Hair in an elaborate UPDO, and in Full RED CARPET make-up, including MAC lipgloss in playful pink, sipping champagne, as I humbly accept this award. I am thrilled that my first blog award ever has been given to me by my friend, Steven. Dude you rock, and continually knock my socks off (ha, I know you like that) ."




***

I'm sorry if disappoint you all, but contrary to the glitz and glamor of Lisa E's acceptance attire, I'm a little bit more casual. I'm accepting the award here in the comfort of my humble abode (carpet needs vacuuming - sorry!), sitting at my wee little corner computer desk, drinking a HUGE cup of my favorite tea (and I'M sorry it's not champagne). I'm wearing my jammies with the little trees all over them (sans bra -- Ohhh, really sorry this time! Not a pretty sight!!), and my tan-colored carpet slippers (which may or may not be a little smelly, depending your standards! .... Sorry!)



***

If it helps any, I haven't washed off my office make-up yet and I'm still wearing my pretty earrings!

***


"Thank you, thank you, newfound friend, Lisa E, for this amazing award! I shall endeavor to live up to it's prestigious reputation!"


***

(Slurp, slurp, ahhhh! Rumble, rumble -- BURP!)


***

"Sorry!"




***


***


So, here are the rules once you accept this award (which I gratefully and disgracefully do):






  1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends


  2. Each Superior Scribbler must name the author, the name of the blog, and link of the blog, from whom he/she has received the award (me-Sandy aka Doris the Great) http://newfie-girl.blogspot.com/


  3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post http://scholastic-scribe.blogspot.com/2008/10/200-this-blings-for-you.html, which explains The Award.


  4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. (that Mr. Linky thing is on the bottom of the award description page)That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!


  5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.






The 5 Recipients of The Superior Scribbler Award are:
1. Marie at "A Year from Oak Cottage" http://www.ayearfromoakcottage.com/
2. Ma at "On the Bright Side" http://goodmorningsmiles.blogspot.com/
3. Kim at "Homesteaders Heart" http://homesteadersheart.blogspot.com/
4. Suzann at "The Olive Cottage" http://suzann-marie.blogspot.com/
5. Saranne at "Fifty and Still Figuring it Out" http://fiftyandfiguringitout.blogspot.com/
***
These are all bloggers who have encouraged me, enlightened me and/or entertained me. I think you are all Superior Scribblers! Thank you!

13 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are so kind to award this to me too. I am not good at passing on awards so will be posting it in my side bar along with a link to your journal. I just think that all of the others I read including you are worthy of the award. Thank you for reading my blog.

Suburban Princess said...

Congratulations on your award!!!
Your new look is awesome! Good job!

Suzann @ The Olive Cottage said...

Thank you so very much for blessing me with this award. I am honored and humbled. I apologize in advance that I am not good at sharing these awards with others as I can never choose "just a few". I will be mentioning this award and linking to your blog though.
Thanks again - you have made my day!!!

Marie said...

First of all congrats on your award Sandy! Well deserved I might add! Many thanks for thinking enough of me to pass it on! You really made my day! I am honored. xxoo

Nezzy said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award. It feels all warm and Christmasy over here, love the new look.

Have a super great day and enjoy your new award! God bless!!!

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

Omg, that was the funniest thing I read all morning. About the vera gown and the burping! I have this head cold you see, and really needed the giggle :)

The Real Me! said...

Thank you my friend! I'm humbly accepting this in my shorts and flip flops! LOL Oh and a t-shirt. Ha! Ha!
I sure hope I can do this justice. It's a super busy week couple of weeks for me. But I do appreciate it so much coming from you!!!
You rock girlfriend.
Hugs
Kim

The Real Me! said...

Oh and congrats on you getting it yourself! You so deserve it!
Hugs

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Toooo funny! Here....cup of tea.....check.....jammies......check.....sockies and some hair that's not looking its best.

Have a wonderful day!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

wendy said...

Well, that was a brilliant acceptance speech. Congrats on the award. (here is a tissue, I think you have some tea on your chin)

and I remember learning that poem In Flanders Fields in elementary school. thanks for sharing it so I could remember

A human kind of human said...

Congratulations! "Sans bra" - it might not be a pretty sight, but oh so liberating... I mean comfortable.

The Garden of Egan said...

Wow, your acceptance speech moved me to tears that dissolved into laughter!
Loved it! So deserving. I will enjoy checking out the awardees.

Lisa E said...

You are too funny.

Don't worry, you look mahhhhhhhhhhvelous. (as I am sitting her in my "its the great pumpkin charlie brown" shirt and yoga pants, that by the way don't match) and I am drinking tonic water from the bottle.

I really had you fooled huh!!!??? I love your blog.