and even less to Christmas season!
- the composition of the annual Xmas letter and trying to come up with cheerful antidotes to write rather than telling how the septic bed exploded or your youngest narrowly avoided prison
- the addressing of a zillion Xmas cards and subsequent having to wear your carpel tunnel wrist bands to bed for 2 weeks
- the preparation of kilos of gorgeously decadent once-a-year foods that will cause our arteries to harden, our hips to broaden and our bowels to stop working until mid-January
- the decorating -- in every room -- until the house resembles something between a French whorehouse and a bad Italian restaurant and you look like a cross between Bozo the Clown and Lady GaGa
- the overspending on gifts for your often ungrateful kin-folk
- the hundreds of yards of giftwrapping and taping and ribboning
- the standing in the local supermarket ringing the Sally Ann bell in front of the big black kettle while using the Vulcan mind-meld to try to get people to part with their hard earned dollars
- the fighting with other shoppers to try to get the last pair of musical reindeer slippers for Aunt Mable
- the craft fairs and parties and pot lucks and concerts and visiting .....
- and sore feet and dunch bum cheeks and fuzzy/buzzy brain condition
This is what we wait all year for, right? I can hear so many of you out there yelling along with me:
(I can also hear the rest of you retching violently. But I choose to ignore you!)
So, in anticipation of this "Most wonderful time ... of the year"..........**
And in appreciation of so many of my bloggie friends who have faithfully followed me and sent me words of encouragement and made me laugh or made me think, I'd like to add you to my Christmas card list. So, if you'd like to receive one of my cards (which could have been "hand painted by mouth" by various needy artists ....whose cards I use but am embarassed to say I've never sent money to) then please - send me your home address.