I received another lovely blog award last week; I got this one from Cindy at "Plant Some Roots" http://plantsomeroots.blogspot.com/.
Most awards come with rules. And here are the "official" rules of the Kreativ Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
- I love dark fruitcake! I realize that I'm one of a dying breed, but I must also state that MY dark Christmas fruitcake is the best. I soak the fruit & nuts in brandy overnight & that keeps the cake extremely moist and fragrant & so lovely tasting. (The alcohol cooks off, people! Honestly! ..... which is why I'm usually drinking a sherry while I'm eating my cake!) ***
- I sleep with earplugs and a fan lightly going at night to help me sleep over the noise of the others in the house. This came after a horendous 6 month period of little sleep because of extremely noisy neighbors, and now I'm hooked! So, I guess I've an 'earplug monkey' on my back! (Is there rehab for that?) ***
- I once went on a date with a British guy who told me that one time at a football match in England, he saw George Harrison of The Beatles and shouted out "Hey George! Hello!" And George looked at him and smiled! Pretty impressive, huh!!
- I can count to 10 in Spanish but only if I sing it (because I learned from Sesame Street). ***
- I come from a family of 5 children - I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters, and I love them all dearly. (But I only like a couple of them; the other 2 are lower than worm-sweat!! )
- I have a big scar on my lower left bum cheek from a threesome I had at aged 10 between myself, a toboggan and a tree stump. Ouchie! You can see it when I wear a bathing suit ---- which means that no one will ever see it again!! (And don't get me started on how the doctor smoked as he talked to my dad while he cleaned and bandaged that most embarassing gash in my prepubescent body! Or the fact that my Mom would ask me to "Come on out here and show ..." the neighbor ladies when they dropped by for tea! In the name of all that's sacred!! Is it any wonder that I'm a little unbalanced!!***
- The first boy I ever liked was in Grade 4, and his name was Kirky Andersen. But he was only my boyfriend for a few hours because I refused to kiss him due to my fear of my mother finding out; and he said if I didn't kiss him, he wouldn't be my boyfriend! Manipulation and rejection by men at such an early age - Egad! (I got over him really quickly though ... and kissed Gary Allen that Christmas up behind the stage during the Boy Scout party.)
You know, I hate this part! It's so hard to pick from all the wonderful blogs out there. And then I have to try remember who doesn't accept blog awards OR if I've sent you one recently. (And then I wonder if you'll be pee-oed that you have another one to pass on and you might begin to tell people I'm a bit of a pain etc).
I'm in a quandry because I'm a stickler for rules -- I'm even a little anal about it. Yet I'm also a bit of a rebel. So, I'll meet halfway and choose to only nominate 4 wonderfully creative bloggers; and they are:
1. Teresa at "A Baby Changes Everything" http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/
2. Alice at "Alice in Paris Loves Art and Tea" http://aliceinparislovesartandtea.blogspot.com/
3. Laura at "Hey Whats for Dinner Mom" http://heywhatsfordinnermom.blogspot.com/
4. All the gals at "Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts" http://scrapbookofchristmasfirsts.blogspot.com/
Again, thank you Cindy for this lovely blog. I display it with pride!