This is my new favorite mug; I bought it this weekend at Homesense. It's the perfect size (slightly larger than normal because I like enough tea and not just almost enough!). I also have this theory that tea tastes better in a white cup as opposed to darker colors. (This theory is laughed at by others, but I have proven it hundreds of times. A wet raspberry to the unbelievers!!) And this mug is so darned pretty! It has a little cafe scene on the other side complete with Eiphel Tower. (They also had New York and London themed mugs.)*
Some of my other favorite things include these items which are used almost daily. My Marcelle moisturizer with SPF15; Marcelle blush (Nude shade), telescopic blush brush, the pink tube of Mabelline brownish black mascara -- the one with the rounded brush applicator, and my eyelash curler (It's like a road map to follow for my mascara -- stupid aging eyesight!!); and my favorite body lotion -- Kings & Queens Cinnamon Orange! The fragrance is sooo heavenly (and quite apropos for someone of my lineage and regal bearing!)*
My favorite things are not:
- getting up for work on Monday morning after a lovely weekend.
- experiencing a charlie horse as soon as your feet hit the floor because you forgot to warm up or cool down before you went hefting a pick axe and/or toting huge rocks up from the brook for your new garden.
- having to tidy the living room from the night before when you went to bed early and those youngins' have had friends in to watch a movie and left pop tart wrappers and empty milk glasses on the coffee table.
- only having enough milk left in the jug for tea and not for your favorite cereal.
- griping and complaining in the morning when the world is bright and shiny and you're healthy and well fed and loved
Another of my favorite things is when I stop complaining because I've realized how truly blessed I am and that life is good and God is even better.