Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy St Paddy's Day


Today while Ireland and most of Western civilization are "wearing the green", I will be busy in my living room "clearing the green".


I'm repainting my living room yellow.  The colors you see here are not true -- they're much prettier.  
And I do like the green that's throughout much of my first level.  But  my house is in shade for most of the day, so I wanted to bring as much light as possible into my home.  The yellow I've chosen I call "lemon lime". (It's actually called cornflower).  The color is light and bright without being too vibrant; and it's so cheerful. 


I also have a few accessory ideas floating through my head that are based on these gorgeous throw pillows that I bought last summer.
(Will my cherished free time, my over-worked hands, and my "Awww whatever" attitude accomplish any of these wonderful ideas?  You just have to stay tuned to find out ................... but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.)


However, in spite of my busy Saturday plans, I shan't ignore St Patrick altogether.  I have plans for a breakfast green smoothie, some afternoon Irish soda bread and a much needed green beer after the days work is done.  


And there'll be a phone call to my favorite leprechaun who was born 25 years ago today.   
Happy Birthday my darling, Amy!

Enjoy your day.





9 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Good luck with your painting. It is a BIG chore, I know. But, it'll be beautiful when it's complete. ENJOY your soda bread and have a HAPPY ST.PATRICK's DAY. Take care.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I like the color you have chosen and that bright pillow to have for accent is just perfect! Happy birthday to your daughter today! Celebrations come in all forms and your way is not a bad one at all! I know you'll be enjoying it for more than just a day! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Happy Green Beer DAy!

Dawn said...

Love the colors in the pillow, and yellow is always so cheery. Happy B-day to your leprechaun.

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you have your day all planned. I love yellow walls. I feel certain you will have everything accomplished in no time. Happy Birthday to you beautiful daughter. Bonnie

From the Kitchen said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. May the luck of the Irish be with you. Happy birthday to you lovely daughter!

Best,
Bonnie

Mary Bergfeld said...

You'll whiz through the painting with that plucky attitude. I love the colors you've chosen and I know the finished room will be lovely. Enjoy the weekend. Blessings...Mary

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo, a very happy birthday to the most beautiful leprechaun I've ever seen!!!

God bless and have a great day paintin' girl!!

Your rooms gonna be so bright and cheerful sweeite!!! :o)

Eat To Live said...

Your Throw pillows are going to look great with your room colors.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...