Hear me singing:
Yes, good old rolled oats are one of nature's superfoods. Just look at what it can do for you:
- Oats contain oodles of soluble fiber -- much more than in whole wheat or corn. This fiber absorbs water in your body which means you will feel fuller for longer! A great aid to anyone wanting to lose weight.
- Also because of that lovely soluble fiber, it reduces high blood pressure and lowers cholesterol & heart disease.
- That same lovely soluble fiber can reduce your risk of diabetes; it helps your body to control blood-glucose levels and is actually recommended by the Canadian and American Diabetes Associations.
- Research links fiber and other nutrients found in oatmeal to reducing the risk of some cancers.
- If you add them to your diet, you're adding many different vitamins and minerals that your diet should contain; they are also an excellent source of protein and iron.
- If you eat it regularly, it can help boost your immune system and even your libido!
- They are totally natural (unless you buy those pre-prepared or sweetened oats which may contain other stuff). Read your label!
- They are cheap, cheap, cheap! Everyone has a bag or box of oats in their cupboard, right?
|Here is a recipe for Nova Scotia Oatcakes|
- They are tres versatile! Pancakes, muffins, cookies, breads, granola, fillers for meatloaf, and on and on and on. Oh --- and let's not forget about ............... oatcakes! (Can you hear celestial choirs?)
|I too look as gorgeous as this|
when I'm scrubbing the top
layer of skin off my face.
- Oatmeal is also good for you inside and outside! There are oatmeal masks for your face, scrubs for your body, oatmeal in your bath to soothe itching and irritation, oatmeal soap.