Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Thrifty Thursday - Mar 15.12

One of my stops last Friday during our 2 day shopping trip was Value Village; and seeing as I'm trying to lose weight, I didn't look at the clothes.  But I did have a 25% off coupon in my pocket which I used at the Halifax store.  With Natsumi's purchases, I ended up spending enough to get another discount card for 30% off my next purchases!  So I used that one the next day at the Dartmouth store.  I was pretty stoked!  I'll give you the prices less their discounts plus our NS applicable HST tax.

*************

These pretty summer necklaces were $4.81 and $6.43 respectively.  The gorgeous broach shown in detail was a real find at $4.30!  And the button bracelet and cute summery earrings were 86 cents each.  

I've been carrying messenger-type bags for a while now because of my sore shoulder.  I was really pleased to not only find a pretty torquoise-colored one for summer but it's "Roots" brand which is a  Canadian company which makes high quality merchandise.  This bag would have originally been in the $60-$80 range; my cost - $15.51!

One of my favorite leather stores in Canada is "Danier" -- not that I get to shop at high quality leather shops much!  It would have probably originally sold for $100 plus, but I found this lovely purse for $10.45; and with it's woven effect and the addition of a pastel jewelled bobble, I think it'll be great for spring.

My favorite find of the day was this "Alfred Sung" jacket.  It was brand new, tags-on; and look at that cute ribbon detailing on the back.  My price = $21.55.  
And those cute little rain boots?  Well, I found those at "Stitches" for $20 plus HST.  Now my eyes are on the lookout for the perfect coordinating scarf.

How was your thrifting this week?


9 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Awesome finds! Love the Roots bag. What a deal that was! Pamela

Dawn said...

My favorite purchase is the rain boots. They are too cute. What a great price for the bags. You hit the jackpot girl!!

Debbie V. said...

I'm with Pamela - love that blue purse.

Jill said...

That's just the best deal on the Roots bag, I know how expensive they can be!

Terra said...

Rainboots and both necklaces; fabulous finds.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the finds. And those prices were to die for. Jewelry is GREAT. Those rain boots are too cool. But the jacket is AWESOME. And the purses, particularly the ROOTS one were TERRIFIC.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

You are just the bomb when it come to snoopin' out great deals girl.

I love, love, love those boots, sure beats the heck outta my manure stompers!!!

Have a blessed day sweetie!!! :o)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I LOVE bargain shopping and you found some great buys...woohoo!!! I'm your newest follower.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Not as good as yours :-). You made out like a bandit. I love the handbag. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...