Wednesday, March 7, 2012

International Women's Day



 We've come a long way, baby!  


Not far as we need to go.  But WOW!  When I think about what things were like for us when I was a young woman in the 70's and 80's and what they're like today, I can honestly say "We've come a long way, baby"!




There's not much I can do to change the world.  I'm not wealthy; I don't wield power; I don't have the ear of influential people.  


But what I do have are daughters --  three young women that I raised; and a parade of young women that are entrusted to me for a season or two.  
The Most Important Women in My Life!

I try to teach them how beautiful they are; how valuable and  unique and intelligent and able they are; to give them a sense of self-worth and family; to help them grow to be humble, kind, generous.  And I try most of all to let them know how much they are loved.


Motherhood is probably the most important job in the world.  


So, stand with me ladies and raise a glass --  a latte, a coke, a water bottle or a glass of chablis --  and smile!


   


And thank you for being my blogging buddies.








4 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I toast you and all of us woman who have had a voice. It has not always been easy, but our daughters (who must still prove their worth, but grew up on a more equal world) will enable their daughters to be on an equal footing and achieve their full potential. To all the women who came before us, I say thank you.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We women are important! Being a mom is wonderful. Where would the world be without us.

Janet said...

"To the Moms" - I totally agree that being a mom is the most important job in the world, Sandy! Congrats on raising such beautiful, intelligent daughters - and sharing your wisdom and love with those that have left their moms behind in other countries :)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I honor you and the difference you've made in those young ladies lives!!!

I was just singin' away like Helen Reddy ('changed a few words to protect the innocent...heeehehehe)

I am woman hear me roar

Watch me pass out on the floor!!!

Ya'll have a blessed and beautiful day celebratin' the wonderful women in your lives!!! :o)

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...