Friday, March 12, 2010

MOLLY DAY!

This is an extra special Friday! Today, the snow is gone, the sun is shining and I have this afternoon off to spend the afternoon with my city-girl whom I haven't seen in such a long time! So, it'll beValue Village and dinner with my daughter Molly. (We both have a "free item up to $10" coupon that's itching to be used!)
*
I dress for the office every day; and I dress for church. But I seldom get a chance to do what I call "casual dressy". So, what to wear today?
*
I'll think I'll wear this pretty ruffled sweater (from Frenchies) with my dark blue jeans. I'm a busty girl, so I sometimes sew up my cardigans like this one. It's my current favorite!
*
And I'll wear my beautiful mauve faux pearls with the rhinestone clasp (Value Village) and my amethest earrings (gift from my daughter).
*
I've been using my new purse this week (Frenchies); it's roomy and comfy to carry. And I'll be sure to pack my camera.
*
It's not cold enough for a winter coat; and I don't want to wear anything bulky. So, I think I'll dig out my jean jacket -- the one with the rabbit fur trim (The Daisy). I'm sure that rabbit died of natural causes! (I didn't ask.) *

And I always like to wear a broach. I have a beautiful one that a very lovely lady (Denise Johnson) made for me years ago to say thank you for bringing her food and company every now and then after her 2nd baby was born. (I was "paying it forward" because we all know that 2 children is 5 x as much work as 1 child!) She used old watch parts, vintage earrings and, for me, a fish (because she knew I was a Christian). It's one of my favorites and is perfect, I think, for this jacket!*
And on my feet, my new bright red Naot shoes. I've been wearing them on and off for the past 2 weeks. They're so comfortable; and that splash of red on my feet really makes me feel "UP".
*
I'm really excited to spend the afternoon with Molly! She's one of my favorite people to thrift shop with. I'll fill you in on the details later this week.
*
Happy Friday everyone!


7 comments:

Vonlipi said...

Happy thrifting to you and your daughter! :)

Pam @ Frippery said...

What a great day you have planned. You will be looking very chic too. I agree with being out when the sun is too. However spring is the only time I ever feel the urge to clean house, haha.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun time1

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Our sun is hidin' behind the showery clouds but it's still shinnin' up there somewhere.

You have a perfect day planned, girl. Yes, yes....we will want the details.

Have a great weekend, sweetie.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love your special outfit for that special visit. I know you will have the greatest of times for sure!

One Cheap B*tch said...

Congrats! You won my giveaway! Please send me your snail mail address to: tallchick37(at)yahoo(dotcom). Yay! =)

wendy said...

You - my dear - are going to look freaking awesome.
Way to put it together.!!

let us know what you found at the thrift shop

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...