Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

It's time to catch up with my thrifty clothing purchases over the past couple of weeks.
*
*
I bought this red satin tunic-type shirt ($3.85) and the satin scarf ($1.99) at the Liverpool Frenchies on our March 6th day trip. Looks like a good team, huh?*
This beautiful satin blouse was found during my Molly Day trip at The Salvation Army Thrift Shop in Halifax on March 12th. It was expensive at $4.99.*
This large sparkly fringed scarf was found at Value Village ($1.99) also on March 12th. Too bad the photo doesn't quite capture how lovely it is. (Sort-of like pictures of me, huh?)
*
This sweet little blouse ($3.85) was found at the Coldbrook Frenchies March 15th. I imagined wearing it this summer paired with my crisp white knee-length shorts!*
Also found that day at Coldbrook Frenchies were these pretty LL Bean pj's ($3.85) -- long sleeved shirt and long pants.*
This scrumptuous wrap dress was bought Tuesday at The Daisy for 50% off; so it cost me all of $2!!

*

Sorry I didn't have time to iron these things for you. I've been too busy thrifting!!!

*
Happy Thrifting yourselves, dear bloggy friends!

11 comments:

Kammy said...

I need to do some clothes shopping - you got me inspired with your great buys !Kammy
p.s. love the pjs the best

Suburban Princess said...

Cute finds!
You have lots of thrift shops near you! I only know of one and only go in to drop stuff off.

Unknown said...

I love #2 the best. Great finds!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I do believe my closet could benefit from a visit from you. I rarely find the great buys. Did I mention I like red??? Heeehehe. That scarf is beautiful.

Have a fun day, girl!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I love them all!
You need to come and visit so I can learn how to thrift from you!!!!

Wendy said...

Oh my GOD, I miss Frenchy's! You have no idea how depressing thrift store shopping in Manitoba can be! You are a pro!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Sweet stuff! Makes me want to head down to my favorite thrift shop.

Can't remember if I wrote you earlier--the joys of my aging--doesn't matter. I came across your blog several days ago and I'm enjoying it immensely. Thanks for sharing your travels of aging disgracefully! I'm having fun doing that too in my neck of the woods. :-)

Carrie said...

You made some great buys in clothing!

Beth said...

A girl after my own heart. Nothing feels as good as looking great in a 2 dollar dress. I just got a new one with tags that say 190.00 off my local 5 dollar rack!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your wardrobe would outshine some of the best! Nice additions!

wendy said...

I bet you have quite the wardrobe with all these cloths you find. very cool.

gosh, how did I get so far behind with your blog. I had to go back and do some cathching up.
What gorgeous daughters you have indeed.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...