Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thrifty Thursday 8 July 2010


Aloha friends! Back to work today after having a week off.
.
It was a working vacation while I toiled over my decks. The cleaning took a day & the drying 2 more (1 of which was spent mostly in the hammock with my book and lots of ice tea). I'm relieved to say that the large deck is completed and drying; I used a torquoise stain (which looks lovely on my skin tone -- well, kind-of all over my skin tone!). The 2 smaller ones still have to be stained (a different color perhaps?).
.
In the meantime, it's Thrifty Thursday; and it's about time that I showed you the treasures I bought at Value Village on June 29th.
.
This super-duper find is for my eldest daughter Cindy in Newfoundland; she has a longtime love affair with purple; and although you can't really see the color , these are three very pretty purple bowls [ Would I lie to you?]- purchased for $5.99.
.
I then found 3 beautiful tops for myself:
.
$6.99
.
$6.99
.
And this gorgeous linen blend for $9.99
.
These items totalled $30.96; and my coupon for the month of June was "Spend $30 or more and get $10 off!" So, I spent $20.96 + 13% HST = $23.68.
.
Some people say that Value Village is too expensive. But I gotta tell you,
I still love that store!
.
.
Hmmm? What to do with those savings?
.
I know! Let's go to Homesense ......................
.
This New York mug (which is just like my Paris mug I bought last time) is on sale this week for $3. AND next to it is a china travel mug for $5.99!.
.
I wonder what other bargains were found lately. Head on over to Thrifty Thursday at Bloggeritaville to find out.

11 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

I love the coffee mugs and they should go really well with your new skin tone! I wish I had a deck to stain...maybe in a couple years. When you get a chance, come over to my blog-I have something for you!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Those shirts you found are so pretty! I wish we had a Value Village coupon here. Some stores do but not in Atlanta. Love the New York mug.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think your value village is wonderful I wish we had one here. You are such a great shopper.

Unknown said...

I especially like the tops you found! great deals!

Unknown said...

Great finds! Hey, how is the new book you're reading? I need to start a new one but nothing had captured my eye...

Maureen said...

I think you did great on the prices!

Jayne said...

Hello! I love the sound of a day spent reading in a hammock - sounds like a day well spent to me. And I also love thrifting - the glass bowls are lovely. Looks like you got some nice bargains there!

Anonymous said...

I think next time there is havy yard work to do I will volunteer to be a drying time supervisor.
Of course I'll have to hang my own hammock...

Those purple dishes are wonderful. A real find.
With the coupon svings I think you did great. Love the turquoise linen.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Darling finds! Once again you ROCK!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Even all stained up like a Smurf you are the Queen when it comes to shoppin'! I'm not suppose to be doin' anything 'till I heal up but today I'm bloggin' under the radar! Shhhh...we won't tell...will we? I just miss ya'll so much and feel like I'm loosin' my summer and my followers to these dang stinkin' shingles. I WILL beat 'em!

God bless you girl...I've been prayin' for you and your health.

Quiltpiecer said...

Some great thrifty finds! I love the mugs!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...