Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Administrative Assistant's Day


.
Hands up if you fill this bill! Me neither.
.
But I'm a pretty good Administrative Assistant. And I'm grateful that my boss is aging with me and doesn't notice my brain cells that have died over the past 8.5 years. On most days, this is how you'll find me:

... the one woman show to 2 different bosses in this busy little office. Still, there's my tea 'n' bickie break (with a sneak peek at my blog and/or Facebook). And I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder; and most of the time, my bosses are great to work for and I'm treated more than fairly. My job is a blessing.
.
In spite of the fact that today is International Administrative Assistant's Day, I don't expect much more than a thank you (and that only because I taped up a notice informing my bosses of the fact). I got a wonderful Xmas bonus in December and a raise last month. I'm happy.
.
I could adopt these tactics:











but lucky for them, I'm on a diet. A potted plant wouldn't go amiss though!


Happy Administrative Assistant's Day to anyone out there who works in this capacity -- paid or unpaid. I wish you flowers, chocolate, lunch and bonus' today.




Now -- I think I'll have an extra bickie this morning!



6 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Admin Day to you:) I think you should be a comedian. I get such a kick out of you. Hope you boss enjoys your sense of humor. Maybe a nice potted plant will be on your desk soon.

Dawn said...

Better idea, use the bosses expense account and get yourself some nice fresh cut flowers on your way home. LOL

Empty Nester said...

I have a friend with a job like yours-whenever she retires, that place won't survive. But they know it and they treat her right!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You certainly deserve a big award for doing all you do. Up until I retired last year, you could have been describing what I did. There were very little thanks that came my way but when they did I surely was appreciative of them. Have a Happy Day!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'd say your the bee's knees when it comet to bein' a great administrative assistant.

Oh happy day to you sweetie!

God bless and enjoy!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Bickie?

I hope your boss appreciates how totally awesome you are!
If he doesn't show him your blog comments.
Sheesh I mean really! You have lots of blogging to do, good thing work has a computer!!! Haaaaahhhhaaa!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...