Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thrifty Thursday - Apr 7.11


.

Time to show you my Thrifty Thursday purchases of late. I know I can be a greedy little pig when it comes to thrifty clothes and shoes and jewellery for myself. But just to prove that I can sometimes think of others, look what I bought for the office. These 2 gorgeous mugs with their little attached spoons. Aren't they sweet; and for 50 cents each, I didn't have to go too far outside my budget. More money for clothes! Such as ..... .. This beautiful blouse: It's not my size, but the colors and pattern and fabric are so gorgeous, I had to buy it. It will make a nice birthday gift in June for my girlfriend. .


Now this one is mine. The necklace I thrifted last year; and it's a perfect match for this oh-so-soft jersey knit v-neck 3/4 sleeve shirt ($3.00 at The Daisy).
.
And this is mine as well: another very soft cotton shirt with just a little stretch in it ($3.85). Although the color looks a little mauve here, it's actually a gorgeous periwinkle blue -- my favorite color.
.
And I was very fortunately to find this brand new, still with the tags on, 20% cashmere black short-sleeved sweater ($3.00)..

.

Don't forget to go by and visit with Leigh of Bloggeritaville at Wednesday, April 06, 2011 for other thrifty purchases. She has some beauties today including a guestpost how-to for a barrel sunburst mirror.
.
..
.
..
.
Don't forget my giveaway. Closes tomorrow at midnight, draw this weekend!

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love the blue of the jersey knit!

Pam Kessler said...

Looks like you had some good finds. I normally thrift for vintage goodies, but maybe I need to take a look at the clothes racks. Cute stuff!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Brand spankin' new cashmere for three dollars??? Girl, I'm bowin' to ya right now!!! Ya did great on everything but my, oh my!!!

Have a glorious day and enjoy all your new-found goodies! :o)

Tootsie said...

I like those cups!!! great finds!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...