Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ShoesDay Apr 5.11

. . It's a dull, damp Shoes-day here on the South Shore. I woke to a sprinkling of snow on the ground which has since melted, and now it's drizzling outside. Spitting, as my mother would say. I think I'll wear something a little more substantialon my feet today. . Ah! Here we go! How about these gorgeous brown suede boots. They're mid-calf in height, look practically brand new and never worn, and they're very, very comfortable. They were a bit pricey for thrift at $14.99; but for fit, comfort and fashion (plus a little va-va-voom), they were well worth it.. They make my feet feel happy. So, seeing it's National Poetry Month, I composed a little poem about them.

My calf and foot is wrapped in suede.


The wedge has just a wee, slight grade.


They're cheap but stylish, comfy and cute.


At 15 bucks! That's a darn fine boot!


.

To brighten what seems to be a dreary day for me, I'm wearing a new thrifted scarf ($1.25 at Frenchies). I love the bright colors and the polka dots. The only jewellery I'll add are these blingy little hoops from Fifth Avenue. . Hi ho, Hi ho. It's off to work I go. Happy Shoes-day my friends; I hope your feet are happy too. . .

9 comments:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I loved this post. It made my dreary day happier just knowing you are wearing these fine books and that lovely scarf and jewelry.
I love a good find at the thrift store. Hurrah.
My mom always said it's spitting snow too. I was raised in Putnam County, West Virginia in a tiny town. Evidently our towns are closer than we think since they used the same language.
Have a great day.
Thanks for lifting my spirits.
Blessings, Barb in Ohio

B. WHITTINGTON said...

PS
Not books you are wearing but BOOTS. Although I love BOOKS. I wrote that one tooooo fast.
No time to write the whole thing over.

Empty Nester said...

My feet are comfy because NO SHOES!

I bet the people you work with truly appreciate your sunny disposition! And your boots!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I love your poem!!!
I bet you look so HOT in your new boots.
I love the colors of the scarf.

Take a picture in that outfit and post it! It screams SPRING!!!!

Unknown said...

Those are CUTE!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm sitting here wearing my comfy warm winter crocs which I love and thinking that yes Thank You, I do have happy feet today.

Becca's Dirt said...

You look nice today and love those boots.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

That's a great buy on those boots girl!!! I just love the bright and beautiful sweater and scarf, now throw on those earrings and you'll light up your workplace!!! Woohoo!

Now your stylin'!

God bless and enjoy this day! :o)

Anonymous said...

Great thrifty bootie! The boots do look brand new ....

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...