Saturday, April 30, 2011

My special 21 yr old

21 years ago today, I had a baby. She was 9 lb 10 oz of the most beautiful baby girl, and I had this wonderful, easy birth. She and her Daddy had a wonderfully close relationship -- a kinship of souls. She's spent the last 3 years really growing and learning about herself. And we've been developing a wonderfully close relationship.
.
I love the ways that she's so like her Dad - a reminder of him and his gentleness, depth of feeling, and artistic abilities with music and painting. And I love the ways that she's like me -- her love of cooking and her fearlessness to try new things, her inborn abilities when it comes to all things about a home (decorating, cleaning, organizing), her sense of humor and her loud, open laugh.

But I also love the way she's just so uniquely Molly. I love the woman she's becoming.
.
The house today will smell like chocolate cake and Indian food. It will look like balloons and brightly colored wrapping paper. It will sound very, very female! From the 5 that usually run around the house looking for clean bath towels and hair spray to the extra half-dozen that will be here this evening eating cake and clinking glasses of bubbly stuff. It will sound like lots and lots of laughter and oodles and oddles of love.
.
After all, 21 only comes once!

10 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful Molly! Hope it's a deliciously excellent day for all.

Best,
Bonnie

Beth Adams said...

Happy Birthday to Molly! Sending hugs to you cause while it is great to see our children hit milestone birthdays, it can be tough on us moms.

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Molly!

Empty Nester said...

What a beautiful young woman she is! Our DoodleBug is Molly- she will be 20 in July. Aren't daughters the BEST?! Happy Birthday to your wonderful Molly!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Birthday to Molly and Happy Birth Day to you! You're having a big weekend -- first, the royal wedding and now this!

methartzielvansil said...

21 is special. Wish her a beautiful birthday and lots of fun with eachother. Greetings with heart&soul from Sil.

Bonnie said...

your daughter is precious! I hope you had the loveliest of evenings. Chocolate cake and bubbly stuff...yum!

Blondee said...

Well how neat is that? Today is my son's birthday!!

Hope your daughter had a magnificent day!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Dang...I'm late for the party but I'm sendin' that darlin' Molly a great big Happy Birthday wish anyway. Mama always said, "better late than never!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL MOLLY!!!! :O)

Have a blessed and beautiful day sweetie!!!!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...