Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shoesday - Apr 12.11 - LET'S DANCE!

. It's another Shoesday here in Bridgewater, and today I wanted to wear something that I could dance in. Not that I'm going dancing today. But isn't every day an opportunity to dance? Shouldn't we grab any and every opportunity to trip the light fantastic and/or kick up our heels (while we can still actually kick)? So, I choose my Liz Claiborne flats (purchased brand new from Value Village for $6.99). And to add a cheerful "get down and boogie" flavor, I paired them with this purse gifted from my friend and pastor, Jocelyn. . hello I dance all the time; if there's music, you'll find me dancing. In the car, in the supermarket, around the house, and at the office. If I'm having a hectic &/or stressful day, dancing breaks the evil spell and rescues me; it loosens me up -- body, mind and spirit. And I can dance to any kind of music. . hello This morning, I want to share this gem of a musical number with you. The young woman is Desi Gordon, the young man who breaks a string is Liam Friar: they both spent a lot of time at my house with my daughter. Also included in the group are a brother and nephew to the late Harry Chapin. The group is now based out of Montreal. I hope this lightens your mood and lifts your spirits ..... and perhaps even makes you shuffle across the room with delight! .
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Empty Nester said...

First time I have ever enjoyed that tune! How cute are they?! And funny! And talented! I liked it!

Wendy said...

Great song!
If someone gifted me that bag, and I had those shoes to pair it with, I'd be dancing in the supermarket too! Happy Shoesday!!

DearHelenHartman said...

The shoes and bag are cute but the reminder to dance is priceless and the song... it made my heart do a twirl. LOVED it.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I adored the musical number...what fun. A group of men in a large church in Springfield used their aps to create some amazin' music.

I too love to dance. I dance while cookin', I dance as I clean...of course I'm beltin' out a great oldie most of the time. Heeehehe!

Terrific buy on the shoes...why does that not surprise me??? :o) I'm lovin' that purse...sooo cute!

God bless and have a marvelous day sweetie! :o)

Donna said...

Okay, that was just SO much fun to watch!! I l-o-v-e Harry Chapin. I was just playing his CD in my car last week, and introducing my daughter to Taxi and the Sequel! My lucky sister got to see him in concert twice. He passed way too young. I even listed him as one of my favorites in a blogpost where I was tagged to tell 10 things about myself. He was definitely one of a kind.

Okay, those are NOT middle age going on senior legs in that photo. Sorry. Uh uh. Nope. (I believe that's how you described yourself in your profile! haha)

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Donna

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...