Yesterday was the story of "Sandra and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"!
- The phone woke me from a lovely sleep;I'd somehow left my purse and camera at the potluck in Mahone Bay the night before (and I couldn't even blame it on the kids as I hadn't asked them to watch it while I helped with dishes).
- When I went to collect it, the lady's doggie kept circling me and barking and then jumping up on me -- he was a fairly big doggie and those were clean grey sweat pants, Charlie!
- My sore shoulders were aching; I think that addled my already-addled brain.
- The girls and I spent an hour looking for the house where their get-together was being held. My cell phone went dead; none of Mariana's friends were answering their text messages; no one on the (wrong) street knew of a Ms Blahblah who was hosting the get together. We finally came home.
- I was gonna comfort myself with Kraft Dinner. (Is KD a comfort food in your house?) Molly ate it before she went to work.
- I should never have substituted all those chocolates instead ..... but I did!
- I lay there on the couch with a heating pad under my shoulder, feeling bloated from that 50 lb of not very good chocolate and I napped 'cause TV viewing was soooooo crappy ...... and woke sitting bolt upright with a start. Ouch shoulder!
- Finally, I knew what to do! I'll make chicken nuggets and brown rice and put oodles of plum sauce over it all. Another comfort food! The brown rice was still chewy, the nuggets weren't crispy and there wasn't enough plum sauce for oodles!
- I thought I'd watch a nice movie that would make me cry so I could release some of those pent up frustrations. And finally after false starts with 2 crappy movies, I found one! It didn't make me cry, but it did relax me and the guy got the girl and they kissed in the end and lived happily ever after! Ahhh! (No crying, Sandy, because that isn't you!)
To bed with a prayer that tomorrow will be a better day.