There's a sense of power and freedom that comes from choosing which one to take on today (or which one ignore for another day). (I am in control of "The List"!) And when I do tackle one, there's the immense satisfaction of watching those chores fall defeated under my mighty hands! There's a swelling with pride that happens as I stand, pen in hand, and the "red line of death" is drawn through yet another foe on that list! Ha-Ha!!! There's a further growing sense of pride and yet more power as I note the previous fallen. And I get a renewed sense of purpose and power as I plan my next battle strategy.
So, without further ado, here's my Summer To-Do List as at today:
- Get replacement batteries for solar lights
- Stain all 3 decks
- Repaint the lawn and/or deck furniture
- Sand down front door and repaint. Install window if $$ will allow
- Gravel for lower driveway
- Rehang mirrors in living room and dining room
- Strip, sand down and paint desk and hutch
- Thorough cleaning of both bedrooms for fall students arrival
- Clean siding by side entrance
- Build raised bed for Forsythia bush et al at lower drive
- add to list as necessary
Then there's the list of R'n'R things that I want to accomplish. But I daren't print that off 'cause I know it'll sneak it's way over the top of the above To-Do List and I'll never get anything accomplished!
Well, except for having a good time!!
But then, I don't need a list for that!
What's on your list, my bloggie friends?