Sunday, June 21, 2009

SUMMER TIMEEEEEE .... AND THE READIN' IS EASY ....



Hey Everyone! It's officially summer!
Season of sunshine & barbeques & beaches & popsicles & freckles!





(It's also the anniversary of the day that I started my period for the first time in 1967. One doesn't forget a thing like that when it's the official first day of summer, does one! Stupid really, because I should be remembering the day that I officially stopped having a period. But then, every day since then is a celebration!)






Now where was I? Did my mind wander again?

Oh yeah! It's June 21st, the first day of summer!
Hurray! Yeah! Zippidy-doo-dah! Happiness rains supreme!

Speaking of rain ..... In order to give this momentous date the recognition it deserves, I'll have to ignore the rain that fell yesterday ... and the stuff that is falling today .... and what is scheduled to fall for the next 3-4 days. Sigh!

But even if it doesn't look like summer outside, I can still think summer, right?

One of the things that I like to do is to make a special place on my bookshelf for my summer reading, books that I've gotten from yard sales or my Frenchies Store throughout the year especially to read during the dog days of summer. It just makes me feel warmer looking at them! Here's my list.








Do I think I'll get them all read? Highly unlikely.
Will I enjoy trying? Absolutely!
What's on your reading list?

5 comments:

A human kind of human said...

What a delightful post. I love the way your joy and positive attitude comes through in your words. You almost made me forget that today is officially the first day of winter for us her in the South... not that we can complain as the sun is shining and the temperature is in the low twenties (celsius). In fact, I am sitting here with short sleeves although I will have to put on a jersey in about three hours time when the sun starts going down Enjoy all your reading and Oh yes, I love Jodi Piccoult's books although I do not always agree with her.

musingwoman said...

The Poisonwood Bible! That's been on my too read list for ages. Maybe I'll try and read that this summer, too. :)

Susan said...

I love this post! Thank you for inspiring and uplifting me, Sandy!

I see some books on your shelves that I've read, and some I would like to read. Thanks for giving us a peek.

Whosyergurl said...

I LOVED Poisonwood Bible! I actually love anything that Barbara Kingsolver writes.
hugs,
Cheryl in Indiana
Whosyergurl

Rebecca said...

I'm a big Kingsolver fan also. Her essays are great and I'm usually not that enthused about essays.

You're a riot! I can't believe you remember the DATE of your first period.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...