Sunday, June 28, 2009

WHO AM I, PLEASE?

Greetings from the (usually) beautiful South Shore of Nova Scotia where - yet again - it's raining! But we have been getting the occasional cloudy respite from the showers, and thankfully, things are continuing to grow. My flower boxes are full of wonderful yellow and orange marigolds, and the lobelia is almost long enough to begin to trail.

I need your help, please, with identifying two plants that were probably purchased roadside or given to me. I've given you 2 pictures for each of them: one of the plant itself & another close-up of the flower. I hope the picture quality is good enough for one of you brilliant gardeners with huge brains and good memories to identify them.











Thanks for your help.

9 comments:

musingwoman said...

I'm absolutely no help at all when it comes to naming wild flowers, but they are very beautiful!

Darla said...

The second one looks like a Daisy of some sort. Sorry, not much help here either.

Sara said...

Hi Sandy,
I have the first one as well...I received a small transplant last year from my daughter in law, and the plant is now ten times the size. She told me it's called "Bride and Groom". Not sure what your second one is.

Wanda..... said...

Sandy...thank you for your visit and following...I believe the pink flower is a wild geranium and the second one does look like some type of daisy.
I am looking forward to reading your past posts!

Dee said...

Hello Sandy, It was nice to have you visit my humble little blog and leave a compliment on my doodles. I do hope you will come back and visit sometime. I am going to take time to explore your blog a little more. I have enjoyed what i have read so far. You are a good writer and very witty! Don't be surprised if i don't pop on as a follower. :0) Dee

PeacefulWmn9 said...

Hm, cannot help identify the mystery flowers, but they are beautiful. I also like those in your flower boxes. The colors stand out brightly, even on a cloudy day.

Tootsie said...

I am in agreement with wanda...I have a girl friend who lives in your area. I still want her to show me photos of her flowers too!!!

Susan said...

Sandy, the first is definitely a cranesbill geranium, but I don't recognize the second. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Susan said...

I had no luck researching the white flower. It looks a lot like a zinnia, but the leaves are wrong. I'll keep looking.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...